• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Saddam Hussein Guilty

Yes, heard it, he gets to hang like a common criminal by his own people and denied a firing squad rather than being tried and found guilty in Europe where his finding of guilty would have meant life imprisonment only because we do not have the death penalty.

No expense incurred by anyone in keeping him alive and incarcerated.

Special place in hell for him as he carries out his recce of Hades before being joined by Blair and Bush on advance party. Should be quite a reunion!

I'm not sure if I'm loosing it but didn't the Americans say they would not go for the death sentence when they first caught him?

I take it he will be going for the automatic appeal.

the_guru said:
Sentenced to hang. No link yet.

Surprise, that then
Sentenced to death, but what makes him different from
him? Or
him?

Will they get the same treatment when they are eventually tried? Don't see us bending over backwards in oreder to bring those to the Hague....despite what we see in the press!

Just a thought!

Baghdad has kicked off already with celebrations and riots, depending upon allegiances.

Saddam now has the right of appeal to a panel of nine judges. There is no time limit to this procedure, only that the sentence be carried out within 30 days of the final verdict of this panel.

I wonder if this process will take longer than his life? i.e. a quiet way to make honours even? Sentenced to death but not executed, thereby satisfying the Kurds and Shi'ites without antagonising the Sunnis anymore? This would leave him "free" to attend his other trials and stop him becoming a martyr.

Thoughts on a postcard...........

In a perfect world, Bush would walk into the courtroom, say "My bad." and reinstate Saddam as president. Then pull out every British and Septic while Saddam kills every Al Quida terrorist in Iraq. And probably declares Iraq vs Iran II -This Time it's Personal. We could sve thousands of troops and billions of dollars/stirling while the ragheads spend all their time and energy killing the one foe they hate the most: other ragheads.
But it's not a perfect world; if it was, I'd be writing this while getting a BJ from Jessica Alba. And Rangers would be top of the SPL(more chance of Jessica and I making the Beast With Two Backs).

Burst_Disk said:
the_guru said:
Sentenced to hang. No link yet.

Surprise, that then
Sentenced to death, but what makes him different from
him? Or
him?

Will they get the same treatment when they are eventually tried? Don't see us bending over backwards in oreder to bring those to the Hague....despite what we see in the press!

Just a thought!
Fatuous point. They are still at large and are being protected. When they get caught, they will get a fair trial and will not be put to death, because we, supposedly in the civilised world have gone beyond that - unless you are an American that is.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Margaret Beckett said:
I welcome that Saddam Hussein and the other defendants have faced justice and have been held to account for their crimes.

Appalling crimes were committed by Saddam Hussein's regime. It is right that those accused of such crimes against the Iraqi people should face Iraqi justice.

Today's verdicts and sentences by the Iraqi Higher Tribunal comes at the end of a trail during which evidence has been offered and challenged in the full glare of media scrutiny.

Eh? I thought the UK's official position was that we're 'against the death penalty in any and all circumstances'?

A hypocritical politician..who'd have thought it.

Latest Threads