Saddam Hussein Guilty

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_guru, Nov 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sentenced to hang. No link yet.

Surprise, that then
  2. What time does it all kick off?

Now the shit will hit the fan.
  3. Letter writing campaign then? :twisted:
    Restore Saddam to his rightful position? :twisted:
  4. Its shocking how that nice man has been treated - I expect a statement from George Galloway at the least
  5. Yes, heard it, he gets to hang like a common criminal by his own people and denied a firing squad rather than being tried and found guilty in Europe where his finding of guilty would have meant life imprisonment only because we do not have the death penalty.

No expense incurred by anyone in keeping him alive and incarcerated.

Special place in hell for him as he carries out his recce of Hades before being joined by Blair and Bush on advance party. Should be quite a reunion!
  6. pay per view event ??

7. On BBC News 24 now. Its going off in that court alright..
  8. I'm not sure if I'm loosing it but didn't the Americans say they would not go for the death sentence when they first caught him?

I take it he will be going for the automatic appeal.
  9. 3 out of 7 to hang

not bad odds - better survival rate than his victims
  10. Sentenced to death, but what makes him different from [​IMG] him? Or [​IMG] him?

Will they get the same treatment when they are eventually tried? Don't see us bending over backwards in oreder to bring those to the Hague....despite what we see in the press!

Just a thought!
  11. Will all the oppressed Sunni Muslims currently scrounging in this country now go to the aid of their great leader?
  12. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Baghdad has kicked off already with celebrations and riots, depending upon allegiances.

Saddam now has the right of appeal to a panel of nine judges. There is no time limit to this procedure, only that the sentence be carried out within 30 days of the final verdict of this panel.

I wonder if this process will take longer than his life? i.e. a quiet way to make honours even? Sentenced to death but not executed, thereby satisfying the Kurds and Shi'ites without antagonising the Sunnis anymore? This would leave him "free" to attend his other trials and stop him becoming a martyr.

Thoughts on a postcard...........
  13. In a perfect world, Bush would walk into the courtroom, say "My bad." and reinstate Saddam as president. Then pull out every British and Septic while Saddam kills every Al Quida terrorist in Iraq. And probably declares Iraq vs Iran II -This Time it's Personal. We could sve thousands of troops and billions of dollars/stirling while the ragheads spend all their time and energy killing the one foe they hate the most: other ragheads.
    But it's not a perfect world; if it was, I'd be writing this while getting a BJ from Jessica Alba. And Rangers would be top of the SPL(more chance of Jessica and I making the Beast With Two Backs).
  14. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

I've been trying to resist, but I can't! :D

Will he be hoist with his own petard? :wink: