• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Saddam Hussain wants to be shot!

Appently he's a military man and wants to be shot, not hung :roll:

'I Want A Firing Squad'
Updated: 10:56, Wednesday July 26, 2006

Saddam Hussein has said he would rather be shot rather than hanged if he is convicted in his trial for crimes against humanity.

He was speaking on the latest day of the hearing after claiming he had been forced to attend against his will.

The former Iraqi dictator urged the judge to bear in mind he was a "military man and in this case the verdict should be death by shooting not by hanging."

Saddam has been in hospital for the last few days after going on hunger strike and added: "It was not my choice to come to court.

"I wrote you a petition clarifying that I don't want to come to court, but they brought me against my will."

Saddam and his seven co-defendants are charged with the killing of 148 Shi'ite men and teenagers after an attempt on his life in the town of Dujail in 1982.

All eight accused deny the charges against them. The trial, in Baghdad, is continuing.
More on This Story:
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1228824,00.html

Personally, I believe he should be slowly strangled in front of the families of his victims :twisted:

Someone brought to court against their will? Who would have thought it? Shocking. Scandalous. :roll:

stoatman said:
Someone brought to court against their will? Who would have thought it? Shocking. Scandalous. :roll:
It would have never happened, whilst he was president. :p

My heart bleeds purple pish for the auld fecker. Can I pull the trigger?

Two of the men he's chosen for the firing squad,Lampard and Gerrard,sorry just a firing squad joke there,we aim to please!!!!

easymoney said:
Two of the men he's chosen for the firing squad,Lampard and Gerrard,sorry just a firing squad joke there,we aim to please!!!!
:lol:

Zofo

Old-Salt
...in a queue along with the relatives of those that were put to death by having explosives put in their pockets. The man deserves the worst!

Zofo said:
...in a queue along with the relatives of those that were put to death by having explosives put in their pockets. The man deserves the worst![/quote

here here. shooting? far too quick.

muzzleflash said:
Hopefully with a .177 slug gun, everyday for a year should just about do the job.
Hmmm with lots of maggots to eat away at the rancid flesh round the wounds, keeping infection at bay and keeping him alive, in pain, a lot longer. Liberal applications of acid to the wounds would help with that too!! :twisted:

Personally i think the very fact he wants shooting over hanging, should mean he gets the rope.

What about the olf method of stoning - theres a shout.

He's obviously into rebel songs..."Shoot me like an Irish soldier/Do not hang me like a dog..." Another pint of the black stuff for me mate Saddam!

Like some of those convicted by the Nuremberg Tribunals, who demanded a 'soldiers death' by firing squad, he'll probably be hanged. In any case, his mode of execution will be decided by his original sponsors, the US Government.

Or even Basra for that matter. The possibilities are endless :twisted:

He wants to be shot, fine shoot him. But get the Airsofters to do it. A slow and very boring death.

'I'm a Soldier' he says.
Wrong. You where a Civvy Dictator who wore a Soldiers uniform. Oght ta be hung for that.
I'd want to be shot too, Hanging the Brit way was instantainious death, hanging the US way was a standard short drop which more often strangled the convicted.
Hanging Iraqi style ? Loop of Barbbed wire and hoist by mobile crane ?
john
Nay thats Iran, KO, IF found guilty, hand him over ta Iran and we can all stand by and watch.