Sad to see

looney said:
1500 rips for his medals.
Might bang mine out then..
I'd be surprised if they go for as little as that.

Trouble is, when you get issued them, medals are just pieces of metal. That's probably the reason so many lads sell their Iraq medals. It's not until you get older that they start to mean something. Which is why it's strange to see him selling his on there.

its the ,,yompers ,,marine who carried the flag in falklands,,,statue by barracks bloke,,,starting price 1500 squid,,,
for that price id want at least a mm with them..

Its the boot neck who had the Union flag attached to his attenna and he is selling FI medal

pupgreen said:
its the ,,yompers ,,marine who carried the flag in falklands,,,statue by barracks bloke,,,starting price 1500 squid,,,
Excuse my ignorance...what is an mm?I've asked the seller a few questions.

There is another thread about these here:
and here

BuztyBabe said:
pupgreen said:

and here
Buztybabe- fcuk off and stop harassing this site with your boring dribble, you're a fcuking journo for fcuk sake do some research.

Ronnie8781 said:
BuztyBabe said:
pupgreen said:

and here
Buztybabe- fcuk off and stop harassing this site with your boring dribble, you're a fcuking journo for fcuk sake do some research.
oh go screw yourself..

Tragic...

Have to wonder though, who would buy medals and for what purpose?

pupgreen said:
bb, an mm is a military medal- awarded very rarely..
thanks for that....x

a nutty military collecter like ,,,me,, but i dont have that kind of money available..and they are spercific to a marine...not my spere of collecting,, all be it with a good slice of history with them. would enhance any medal collection,, and the value will only increase as the years pass by...an invesment in british history...the imperial war museum should also be informed,,, theyve got lottery funding for things like this..

very sad to see veterans reduced to selling their medals to get by. i wouldnt part with mine for any amount of money even seeing the prices that they are going for on the net

lemonsuckas said:
very sad to see veterans reduced to selling their medals to get by. i wouldnt part with mine for any amount of money even seeing the prices that they are going for on the net
That may not be the case here, everyone views these things differently ,a close relative of mine won the MM in 1917 at third ypres, he never spoke about the circumstances surrounding it or the war in general, only to say it was a time he wanted to forget .He sold the medal some years later not because of financial hardship, (as he was quite well off) but because he said it meant nothing to him and represented a terrible period of his life and said "if some fool wanted to own a medal he wasnt entitled to that was his problem" so hopefully this guy may be selling for reasons other than he is being forced to do so , lets hope so

i know of quite a few vets english and german who feel the same way ,, its a period they wish to forget. i only found my granfathers medals after i ransacked the house.. getting rid of his stuff after hed passed on,,,
they were thrown in a draw full of rubbish and hadent seen the light of day scince ww1.

Have to wonder though, who would buy medals and for what purpose?[/quote]

Some one like possibly a "bus driver from Livingston pehaps"?.

im a train spotter from staines,,,people collect things,, so a couple of small objects that were won fighting for your country and are a piece of british history, are ...very collectable,,i have,, many medals in my collection,,,
hundreds, to be correct.. sadly i only was awarded two of them...but the rest all are treasured and tell there own story of great deeds done..

My old Dad sold his medals after WWII. He said they didn't mean a thing to him............loosing his tank crews [mates] twice out of 3 times he was 'brewed up' in N.Africa as he put it and being the only survivor, loosing more oppos in France. Going from A1 in 1940 to Grade 5 and mentally and physically ill by April 1945, feeding his family etc, were important things to him. I wear mine with pride but for him, selling them was right because he though it was.

Latest Threads