Sad news

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Flyingrockdj, Dec 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Pilots of downed Dauphan

Stephen Potton
    Simon Foddering

Knew simon very well from Belize in 99, RIP mate

2. Cant place the name but condolences all the same.

RIP all whom were onboard.

3. Another sad loss to the world of Avn.

RIP one and all

4. I knew Si very well and am shocked and stunned at the news. Was hoping to god it wasn't him.

Thoughts with all the families.

5. I live within spitting distance of Blackpool airport and was taking the pish out of Si last week for doing crap circuits over my house on a check ride. Very sad news indeed.

Sleep well big fella.

6. knew Si very well and am totally stunned at the news. god bless big man

7. Just heard the news, worked with Si in NI and other places, top bloke! Condolences to his family. RIP

8. My thoughts and my prayers are for the families and friends of all of those, both crew and pax, who perished.

Those of us who fly out to the installations as passengers do so having placed our lives in the hands of consumate professionals.

Rest in Peace.

9. Just unbelievable. Absolutely gutted at the news - Si was great bloke, larger than life in more respects than one! Awful news but more so at this time of year. RIP Si and Steve, our thoughts are with their families.

10. When I hear a civvy cab has gone down, I always fear the worst; we all have mates out there, these days... A good bloke, my thoughts are with his family.
    RIP, big man.

11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I know none of them, which makes no difference at all ...

Condolences to all the families. Life can be very unfair sometimes ... this was, sadly, one of those occasions.

RIP.

12. So sad to hear the news, and it always happens around this family time.

I also flew with Si for a brief time in 655 Sqn before he left the Army; he was a huge character and a thoroughly professional aviator.

I cracked my favourite bottle of wine and drank to what must have been a very full life. Condolences to all of the families involved, I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Marc

13. And so the numbers of those who who go VMC on top increase yet again. Si was a great fella and lived life to the max, he will be very sadly missed by many, none more so than his family. God speed old mate and rest peacefully, you'll never be forgotten. :cry:

14. Rest in Peace Si.