Sad news Im afraid

ugly

LE
I have the task of telling all who knew Phil Miles, 8 plt C Coy 5 Queens Eastbourne, that he sadly died during Monday night. I am awaiting details of funeral service and I hope that all who knew him will attend.
PM me for further details.

ugly

LE
woody said:
Must have known this guy I was in 7plt c coy . RIP I remeber 8plt a great bunch but a bit odd .
Woody the clone? if thats you then I was 8 pln bangs man under Dutch and Barry. Hows your brother and what are you doing in Pompey?
Yes you knew him he was the recipient of all the red sera pedestrian jokes on account of his Roxanne sized snout!

Thats me :!: Still in pwrr well we were rrv but now back in pwrr .Baz and dutch brings back happy memories .First thing i did on joining the ta was march around the drill hall by baz making us scream out" my eister est truer " :lol: He cant have been that old sad news in deed .

ugly

LE
Well back I am and despite over 200 mourners struggling to find standing room (a mark of Phils popularity, I also suspect he would have been a tad embarressed at the size of the turnout) the service was well recieved with a minimum of fuss as he would have wished and ended with Monty Pythons the bright side of life which we all sang sand whistled along to! What a nice parting shot, all those years of jewish jokes, he turns out to be a left footer! Joke on us courtesyof Phil! Top geezer, we all hope you'll keep the bar open on the other side!
As per usual a chance to see the old, bold and frail and bupdate details for the next do, hopefully a reunion and not another funeral!

Latest Threads