Sad Loss to the RAF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by top_soldier, May 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RIP Sir.

2. Do we need an RIP thread for everyone?

3. Only when they pass away.

Show some respect.

4. Why? I accept that people die, I accept that casualties are emotive. Why does bloke dies on a run need a thread of its own?

This is verging on grief whore territory.

5. I always said putting your heart under an enormous amount of stress was unhealthy....

however RIP, he will be leaving loved ones

6. No it isn't you throbber he was an important man (the second most senior officer, RAF) not just to the RAF but to the whole of the MOD and what with this being a military themed site, it is more than appropriate. Its not grief whoring it is a damn sight more relevant to the site and current affairs than all the sodding politics bullshit.

RIP Sir.

7. This is not grief whoring! It is paying respect to those who deserve it.

Of course i never knew the man,however his achievements and what he did for his men and women say enough for themselves in the light of the last 13years of government.

R.I.P. Sir

p.s. I have always said that sort of thing is not good for you.

8. Rest in Peace Air Chief Marshal Sir Christopher Moran. My condolences to his family at this sad news.

9. Operational loses? Happy with that.

Non operational Jogging? Not so much.

10. I can see the point of this thread if it's on E Goat. On here it's just a piece of news and I doubt his family will ever see this thread or draw any comfort from it so that, in itself, makes the thread pointless.

BTW I thought this was a site for serving and ex-serving with a few hangers on. When did it become a 'military themed' site?

11. A few hangers on? I think they are the majority !!

12. Hi,
    Please remember that Sir Chris Moran, has family members who read this site also.
    Regards
    CHRIS'S ELDER BROTHER

13. It's CUNT you moron.