• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sad Loss to the RAF

Why? I accept that people die, I accept that casualties are emotive. Why does bloke dies on a run need a thread of its own?

This is verging on grief whore territory.

CQMS said:
Why? I accept that people die, I accept that casualties are emotive. Why does bloke dies on a run need a thread of its own?

No it isn't you throbber he was an important man (the second most senior officer, RAF) not just to the RAF but to the whole of the MOD and what with this being a military themed site, it is more than appropriate. Its not grief whoring it is a damn sight more relevant to the site and current affairs than all the sodding politics bullshit.

RIP Sir.

This is not grief whoring! It is paying respect to those who deserve it.

Of course i never knew the man,however his achievements and what he did for his men and women say enough for themselves in the light of the last 13years of government.

R.I.P. Sir

p.s. I have always said that sort of thing is not good for you.

verticalgyro said:
CQMS said:

I agree with you mate, but it is easier to just ignore the threads than try and reason with grief-ghouls. The only thing you'll do is stir up their faux-outrage that you are unfeeling and not respectful.

Which is what has happened in this thread.

No offence to the guy who died, it's an unfortunate and untimely death and I can sympathise with those who have been left behind, but I am pretty sure that Air Chief Marshal Moran doesn't give a flying fcuk any more.
I can see the point of this thread if it's on E Goat. On here it's just a piece of news and I doubt his family will ever see this thread or draw any comfort from it so that, in itself, makes the thread pointless.

BTW I thought this was a site for serving and ex-serving with a few hangers on. When did it become a 'military themed' site?

Markintime said:
verticalgyro said:
CQMS said:

I agree with you mate, but it is easier to just ignore the threads than try and reason with grief-ghouls. The only thing you'll do is stir up their faux-outrage that you are unfeeling and not respectful.

No offence to the guy who died, it's an unfortunate and untimely death and I can sympathise with those who have been left behind, but I am pretty sure that Air Chief Marshal Moran doesn't give a flying fcuk any more.
I can see the point of this thread if it's on E Goat. On here it's just a piece of news and I doubt his family will ever see this thread or draw any comfort from it so that, in itself, makes the thread pointless.

BTW I thought this was a site for serving and ex-serving with a few hangers on. When did it become a 'military themed' site?
A few hangers on? I think they are the majority !!

Toffeeman09 said:
Markintime said:
verticalgyro said:
CQMS said:

Feck me........What an ignorant CNUT you are.
I could try and explain my reason's for thinking you are CNUT, but your too much of a CNUT to understand my reason's for thinking you are CNUT of the highest order.
Only a CNUT, would bother to post on a thread which they think is pointless.
What a CNUT you are.
It's CUNT you moron.

You continuously using the word Cnut on a thread of this subject is surely as bad if not worse than someone who questions its existance in the first place is it not?

PS Cnut

Latest Threads