Sacrilege! Balti could be banned!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dingerr, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like Birmingham could be trying to deprive the rest of Britain.

2. 'kin idiots.

What next? A ban on french fries? Yorkshire puddings? French polish (ooh! - two in one go!)?

Let's see common sense prevail and bring back elderflower champagne.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Utter chods!

They think it's the same as 'Wensleydale' or 'Champagne'!! They truly are thick as fcuk this lot aren't they? If the dish had been called a 'Birmingham', they might be in with a chance, but not facking Balti! The immigrants had an opportunity in the 70's to copyright the name, but not the council 40 years later as the name is not location specific, and nor is the bl00dy pan it's cooked in!
  4. By the same logic, should we ban the manufacture, sale and distribution of Yorkshire puddings outside of Yorkshire?
  5. Yes, and to enforce it we should cut around Yorkshire and float it out to the middle of the North Sea.
  6. Balti is the name for a one-pot Pakistani style of curry that is very popular in Britain. Balti food first appeared in the UK in 1977 when immigrants from northern Pakistan settled in the Sparkhill area of Birmingham. They had come from the Potohar area of Pakistan's Kashmir, and specifically the city of Mirpur.
  7. I can see "-style" being biro'd on after the usual 47 varieties of "Balti" in curry shops up and down the land. Will put a pint of Luke warm Carling up a full shilling!

They shall not pass, it is better to die on your feet than live in Staines!
  8. [​IMG]
    I hope Bianca Balti is exempt, she'd be wasted on Brum.
  9. Quite right too. Though I feel an exception should be granted to the Curry house at Akrotiti, as he's from the Ladypool Road anyway :D

Stop grimfing and treat yourselves to an excellent Balti in Brum, with Nans as big as Duvets and big portions for a Fiver.

As it's the Naafi Bar...

Fcuk you all

Love and kisses

Birmingham Tourist Board.
  10. Why the feck would anybody want to travel to Birmingham!
  11. Hear Hear!

And bollocks to you all from me as well.

Birmingham Alchoholics and Curry League.
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cause it's god's country & the center of excellence,that's why!

13. Dunno, but as the second most visited city in the country after London maybe some people like it.

Maybe it's the Balti.
  14. Just where is Birmingham?

15. So. why do you live in Northern Ireland again ? :wink: