Sack the Attorney General petition on PM website now...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know what anyone expects these petitions to achieve, the most popular one is being ignored, why would this one be different.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Although I agree with what is being asked for, frankly, what is the point?

I would sign if I thought that there was one.

Every political issue which involves a previous Labour "decision" (or as in this story - involving common decency or sense from one of their own) when put to the No 10 site results in a response which boils down to a patronising

"Thanks for your opinion. We have ours too and your petition isn't going to change it. Now F off......"

Anyone disagree?

The site is simply there to act as a sop to any activists - it allows them to think they are making a difference when on results, they are anything but.

Site's a con.
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Agree entirely. These things are utterly pointless and a sop thrown to the public to demonstrate that the Government are 'listening'.

They aren't.
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Bloody hell. Are you me?

Both posted at identical times. I want my mummy.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You having an identity crisis,Sixty?...
  6. It achieves the illusion, to the simple minded, that you actually have a 'casting vote'. The deluded proles believe they actually have a voice in amongst the doublethink.
  7. Isn't the most popular one calling for Broon to resign? What good will this one do?

8. So was the Grays Lane petition pointless ?

Were the tens of thousands who signed that petition proles ?
  9. scratched!

In the words of Mr Tesco "Every Little Helps!"