SACK STUART BARNES?

Forastero

LE
I used to read his articles in the press but I gave up ages ago (not sure if he still writes to be honest) as his pompous, negative scribbling on anything rugby used to drive me nuts. He just used to come across as a bitter and twisted individual since being dropped by England many moons ago and doesn't seem to have changed. Throbber.

The-Goose said:
Is it just me or is Stuart Barnes the most annoying and negative rugby commentator in the world?

Should he be sacked?
And while your at it sack Geoffrey Boycott to. The miserable pratt. I know he doesn't do rugby but his mindless prattle on cricket drives me nuts.

JJ

The-Goose said:
Is it just me or is Stuart Barnes the most annoying and negative rugby commentator in the world?
No....but he runs Brian Moore a fcuking close second !

So its nothing to do with England being a crap rugby team then?Mind you they did beat the Massive rugby playing nation called Samoa yesterday.

Will greenwood is turning out to be a good rugby pundit.

tally_target said:
So its nothing to do with England being a crap rugby team then?
No, nothing. They would both be tw@ts even if England were kicking arrse. And they can take that tool Butler with them too.

Bill McLaren was a great commentator.

The-Goose said:
Yep he does my nut in every England match. If he commentates a France match he seems to wax lyrical about their achievements expansive/visionary but in contrast the exact same play by England is viewed as luck/lack of vision.

Mrs Stinker believes he likes the sound of his own voice.

Barnes if you like the French so fcukin much move there.

Guru - whole heartedly agree about Bill McLaren, possibly the greatest Rugby commentator ever.

The worst commentator of all has to be Jonathan Davies who can see no wrong done by any of his formers clubs or by Wales!!

Barnes is normally one of the more objective commentators, which says a lot

It was a sad sad day when Bill retired, and the only non-international player to be inducted into the IRB Hall of Fame! He was inducted at the same time as Campo, Lynagh and Fitzblacktruck!! :worship:

Oh yeah, and at least Nigel ruddy Stammer-Smith isn't commentating!!

The-Goose said:

Should he be sacked?
Yes, yes and thrice yes. He talks absolute wibble and doesn't seem sure what sport he is commentating on half the time.
i.e., after a team had a player sent off: 'They're down to 10 men now'.
After a penalty had been awarded: 'Do they take the 3 points or try for the 6?'
During the Argentina v France game: '[Argentina] will go deep with this kick' half a second before they kicked high and short - just like they had been doing for the previous 30 minutes when near the half-way line.

When he's not wibbling about the game, he's trying his hand at woeful prose in his incessant drone: 'The crunch of body on body'. I'd rather hear the crunch of a ball-pein hammer on his skull, the boring twunt.

Forastero said:
I used to read his articles in the press but I gave up ages ago (not sure if he still writes to be honest) as his pompous, negative scribbling on anything rugby used to drive me nuts.
He's in the Sunday Times' World Cup guide and had managed to predict a New Zealand v Australia final. The only way that is possible is for one of them to finish second in their pool. He also predicted South Africa and France as semi-finalists, it would need some bizarre results for this to happen.

tally_target said:
So its nothing to do with England being a crap rugby team then?Mind you they did beat the Massive rugby playing nation called Samoa yesterday.
Seven days ago, Samoa were ranked 10th in the world, Scotland were 11th. Not that I think England aren't crap at the moment.

Will greenwood is turning out to be a good rugby pundit.
He's been the best commentator, in my opinion, followed by Murray Mexted.

Will Greenwood was brilliant today, what a natural pundit.

I will be hanged for this, but all credit to him.

PS.

' And he has kicked the ball into a space as wide as the Gobi Desert'

Now, I wonder who said that..!

Can anyone else think of any more classics from the great man.?

Will Greenwood is a star.

Saw him on Soccer AM a couple of years ago and was impressed at his wit.

He talks the talk, and he walked the walk.

The-Goose said:

Should he be sacked?
Wasn't only me shouting Cnut at the telly every time Barnes was talking then.

forniup said:
The-Goose said:

Should he be sacked?
Wasn't only me shouting Cnut at the telly every time Barnes was talking then.
No, mate. I was at it too. Watching Scots v AB's yesterday, I ended up pressing the mute button to shut the c..t up. They could all take a lesson from Bill . :x

JoseyWales said:
Will Greenwood was brilliant today, what a natural pundit.

I will be hanged for this, but all credit to him.

PS.

' And he has kicked the ball into a space as wide as the Gobi Desert'

Now, I wonder who said that..!

Can anyone else think of any more classics from the great man.?
"and he's wriggling around in that ruck, like a trout up a burn"

Saw Bill McLaren receive an award at Murrayfield, just before the last ever 5 Nations Calcutta cup. He got a standing ovation from the entire stadium. He is the only commentator I've ever heard who was completely neutral, even when commetating on Scotland.

OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh someone please shoot Barnes instead of sacking him.
Will Greenwood is very good had the chance to meet him a couple of years ago real gent.
Murray Mexted is brill, great comments and one liners especially about the nights out in France and the ladies ha ha.
Forgot to add line up Jonathon Davies next to Barnes in the firing squad

May I once again reitterate that any shootings of Rugby Commentators MUST include Brian Moore.

the_guru said:
May I once again reitterate that any shootings of Rugby Commentators MUST include Brian Moore.
Aggreed as long as there is a riqochet(sp) that his Paul I'm Shite and couldn't tackle a blind thalidomide Sakey.

Yes I know he scored but I still think he's sh1t

the_guru said:
WOOOOAHHH there fella. While he may not be the most gifted commentator, he's the only current one who actually tells it as it is. Eg, (when someone's on the wrong side of a ruck and getting a shoeing) "It's his own fault, he shouldn't be there"

forniup said:
the_guru said:
Aggreed as long as there is a riqochet(sp) that his Paul I'm Shite and couldn't tackle a blind thalidomide Sakey.

Yes I know he scored but I still think he's sh1t
I could have scored his first try. His second one was quite good, but any winger could have scored it.

Did anyone think that Mark Cueto had a superb game?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aunty Stella Classified Ads 10
S Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6
B REME 36