Sabre Rattling - North Korean 'Dream' video -

As threats go this one is pretty bizarre and diffuse. It's also pretty crap, I think my son could something better up given half an hour and a large bag of Haribo.

I wonder if they've paid royalties for the music?

[h=1]North Korea ‘dream’ video shows U.S. city under missile attack[/h]
In what appears to be a provocative PR stunt, a bizarre video uploaded to YouTube by North Korea over the weekend shows a dream sequence that includes a U.S. city resembling New York under an apparent missile attack.
The video, produced by North Korea's official website, Uriminzokkiri, begins with a young man imagining himself aboard a North Korean space shuttle that circles the earth, pausing to zoom in on a unified Korea.
The soundtrack to the three-and-a-half-minute video is an instrumental version of "We Are the World," the 1985 single written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and recorded by a celebrity supergroup, with proceeds going to African aid.
North Korea

Yeah, watched it earlier this afternoon. I think some of the cut scenes from 'Command and Conquer' were better produced!

[h=1]This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games Inc.[/h]
Ha ha!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is very little connected to the DPRK that is not bizarre.

The leadership - the Kim clan - effectively hold their population as hostages for whatever they are trying to extort from the rest of the world.

Because of the Cold War and continued stand off between China and the US they have for away with it so far.

China has propped the DPRK up as a buffer between it and the (US backed) ROK. There is a possibility that the incoming PRC leadership may see things differently. A unified Korea could be a massive fillip to the local Chinese provinces that Re amongst the poorest in China.

The world and more importantly the inmates of the DPRK would be a happier place with its demise.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)