Sabre rattlin

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Chego?, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently we've been buzzed by a Russian bomber......any takers for a long language course? :wink:

2. Apparently it's a regular occurrence. :oops:

3. Stand to the old and bold Cold War warriors. (can we have proper BFG back?)

4. The complete panic of 1989 springs to mind....easy to write a requirement off but not so easy to resurrect it :wink:

5. Panic is the right word. I remember trying to get back from Langy after a mid shift for yet another 14 hour sesh in Hadley's, only to find the roads clogged with Trabants in various pastel shades. Took f'kin ages getting home.

6. Apropos of nothing, how long do you reckon it would take to add Russian to the language pay scheme if it did all kick off again? :)

7. f'kin hell mate.....not language pay again! :wink:

8. I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....

9. Pilot's course surely...or will you need to combine long Russian with the drillies course so that they will hear you shouting 'fcuk off you Russian wnanker...one...two...three...one'?

10. I don't know why they bothered to scramble Typhoons from RAF Coningsby, they've got a few Spitfires and Hurricanes that would have been more than good enough to take down a Bear H. :)

11. There's a pleasing sense of symmetry in using one Cold War-era aircraft to see off another.

12. That clanking, must be the chains on WarPac's Ghost?

13. Glad- I'm going to phone everyone I know in Glasgow and suggest mobilisation for all retired Ru Lings...followed by refresher training with Vern (is he still alive?) and reunions every night in the Bulls Head, Fraggle Rock and Crystals.

14. Many of them never really retired, they just got posted to 5 Coy*

* Edited to add - yes, I know it's called something else now.

15. Old Linguists never die-they just smell of wee