Sabre rattlin

#1
Apparently we've been buzzed by a Russian bomber......any takers for a long language course? :wink:
 
#4
The complete panic of 1989 springs to mind....easy to write a requirement off but not so easy to resurrect it :wink:
 
#5
Panic is the right word. I remember trying to get back from Langy after a mid shift for yet another 14 hour sesh in Hadley's, only to find the roads clogged with Trabants in various pastel shades. Took f'kin ages getting home.
 
#7
f'kin hell mate.....not language pay again! :wink:
 
#8
I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....
 
#9
Chego? said:
Apparently we've been buzzed by a Russian bomber......any takers for a long language course? :wink:
Pilot's course surely...or will you need to combine long Russian with the drillies course so that they will hear you shouting 'fcuk off you Russian wnanker...one...two...three...one'?
 
#10
I don't know why they bothered to scramble Typhoons from RAF Coningsby, they've got a few Spitfires and Hurricanes that would have been more than good enough to take down a Bear H. :)
 
#12
That clanking, must be the chains on WarPac's Ghost?
 
#13
Glad_its_all_over said:
I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....
Glad- I'm going to phone everyone I know in Glasgow and suggest mobilisation for all retired Ru Lings...followed by refresher training with Vern (is he still alive?) and reunions every night in the Bulls Head, Fraggle Rock and Crystals.
 
#14
devexwarrior said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....
Glad- I'm going to phone everyone I know in Glasgow and suggest mobilisation for all retired Ru Lings...followed by refresher training with Vern (is he still alive?) and reunions every night in the Bulls Head, Fraggle Rock and Crystals.
Many of them never really retired, they just got posted to 5 Coy*

* Edited to add - yes, I know it's called something else now.
 
#15
Fraser said:
devexwarrior said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....
Glad- I'm going to phone everyone I know in Glasgow and suggest mobilisation for all retired Ru Lings...followed by refresher training with Vern (is he still alive?) and reunions every night in the Bulls Head, Fraggle Rock and Crystals.
Many of them never really retired, they just got posted to 5 Coy*

* Edited to add - yes, I know it's called something else now.
Old Linguists never die-they just smell of wee
 
#17
devexwarrior said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
I don't know, things are going to hell. I was a Russian linguist and the Russians went away, then I spent years in Ireland and the 'Ra wrapped their hands in, now I've been out for seven years or so and it's all kicking off again. Catch a grip, will you, people, I don't want to be called up to repeat my peacemaking exploits.....
Glad- I'm going to phone everyone I know in Glasgow and suggest mobilisation for all retired Ru Lings...followed by refresher training with Vern (is he still alive?) and reunions every night in the Bulls Head, Fraggle Rock and Crystals.
Now you're talking fella. I'd take a pay cut for that. And another one to resurrect the rivalry between Vern and Joe Bugnor. :)
 
#18
Noose said:
Fraser said:
I don't know why they bothered to scramble Typhoons from RAF Coningsby
There's a pleasing sense of symmetry in using one Cold War-era aircraft to see off another.
Of course you could argue that whilst both aircraft are relics of the cold war, one is more relevant to modern combat operations. Which would you prefer, a strategic bomber that has a long dwell time and is capable of carrying and delivering tonnes of precision-guided ordnance or a fast mover designed to engage in air-to-air combat for air superiority? I don't think the Taleban have procured any Flankers yet, but I could be wrong.
 
#19
I can just imagine the old RAF WOs lamenting change, bumping their gums, and telling war stories.

One of those actions is a first, the other two are subject normal.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top