SAA Instructor's Course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by fasterthanaspeedingbullet, Jan 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :?:

I'm down for the SAA Instructor's Course in sunny Brecon, anybody out there able to give me some inside info on the course?

Cheers :D

2. Cheers for that but obviously i'll only be there for a two-weeker :wink:

Is the TA version watered down or have some subjects been binned?

3. Hello "Faster",
    I did the TA SAA course in 1995, so I'm sure a lot has changed.
    However, I'm sure that it still remains the case that the IW is used as the basic vehicle for teaching how to instruct. The other Pl wpns are hardly touched at all.
    The old TA course included a coaching qualification. I'm not sure that this would still be the case.
    Good luck.

4. Cheers oldandcold

I was wondering if that would be the case.

I was hoping to get my hands on some of the Pl wpns though. :cry:

5. Snips did the course last year I think?

I'll see if I can get her to drop in and say a few words.

I might also have one of her emails from Brecon describing the course, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Unless you're lurking mate?

6. That would be great cheers mate, i'm after as much info as i can get :D

7. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

are you on the one at end of march begining of apri? if so ill be joining you in the sunny hills of brecon :)

had one of our lot do it last year and shes still got all the info so i will try and get some gump up to you

8. Its a pamflit mind-fek course.

The first week you are given ALL of the Rifle Lessons, and suposed to make notes/remember exactly how they give the lesson to you, and when it becomes your turn to instruct, they want to see exactly what they showed you given back to them, NO little bits added, no humour, no inishative no nuthin!!!

To make life easier for me I took a unit lap top and printer so I could do my lesson plans and print them off rather than have to hand write them. They only ask to see the lesson plan if you fek up.

On the TA course there are NO plt weapons taught, only the Rifle 5.56, and a little of the LSW. The idea being is you now know how to use the manual so read up on what ever weapon you need to teach on.

It is a good course, but if you are a good planner, then you can do your lesson prep and be out on the town at Sarah Siddons/Punch Bowl/Wellington, for a skin full and a local slapper by about 8.30 every night!!!

Take an A4 folder and plenty of paper, a ruler, coloured pens/pencils, and stuff to entertain you in you room, cos the naffi/mess is pants.

9. sounds like my kind of course, any spaces left?

10. FBW - I'm down for the course in the last two weeks of march but it's not been confirmed yet.

So far the out-of-hours 'activities' sound a hell of a lot better than the course. :D

11. Brecon? 8O

12. Yep, they are looking forward to a night out in the Punch Bowl, or Sarah Siddons, and then into Wellington of a bit of a boogy, oh and a local slapper as well!!! :lol:

13. Aah Sarahs!

Had some good times in there on my Junior Brecon - I remember one particular grenade attack on the ladies using fag packets as grenades!

The decor was a bit grotty but it's probably be upgraded since '75!

I suppose "Big C" is a granny by now!

Beef