SA80

hi all i got a quick question,, I'm listening to an audiobook by Chris Ryan called stand by, stand by. At the begining there is a short section giving details of weapons that feature in the book, in this section it says the SA80 is chambered 7.62mm. I know the sa80 was 5.56mm. Is this just a mistake or was there a variant that was 7.62mm

Well if Chris Ryan said so... Do I look like your google?

that was the second model out in 7.62mm mate......

.... the first was in .303

no its 5.56, Chris Ryans ghost writer clearly phoned that one in and couldn't bother his arse . If i may make a suggestion , press eject and spare yourself.

hi all i got a quick question,, I'm listening to an audiobook by Chris Ryan called stand by, stand by. At the begining there is a short section giving details of weapons that feature in the book, in this section it says the SA80 is chambered 7.62mm. I know the sa80 was 5.56mm. Is this just a mistake or was there a variant that was 7.62mm
Are you sure it wasn't the AS80 he was referring to as it was 7.62mm?

Thornycroft.JPG

heres the original bullpup idea, now watch a load of sprogs come along and say 'its not as shit as an SMLE but pity its not in .22 hornet.....'

There is also a plasma version in the 40 watt range

Does that really mean someone is reading you a bedtime story?

At the begining there is a short section giving details of weapons that feature in the book, in this section it says the SA80 is chambered 7.62mm. I know the sa80 was 5.56mm. Is this just a mistake or was there a variant that was 7.62mm
Yes, there is a secret 7.62 twin-barrelled belt-fed SA80. It is only issued to THEM. Don't ask me how I know that.
You didn't hear that from me, OK?

only if the LAD has the latest reverse polarity nutron flow electric screwdrivers they are.......

......And attended the latest Positronic conversion course at Bordon, Having never been let loose with one, does it go bang, Zap or " ******* Hell this is the dogs "?

all, plus it can get a canteen cup of water to boiling in 6 seconds.