SA80 upgrades?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by daywalker, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Anyone know of any future upgrades that are planned for the A2? Just curious cos i saw some blokes with some sort of gucci rail system in place of the normal handguards on their wpns when i was in afghan.

2. Loads on this in QM's dept.
  3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

4. ACOGs are being phased in now due to the tritium which is used in susats going past half life and the ACOG being more effective.
    The sight itself is being mounted on a picatiny rail with the edition of another rail for mounting pistol grips,lights and possibly bi pods.
  5. Wish someone would of told me, I just changed a load of light sources the other day. :roll: And have been for the last god knows how many years. :wink:
    There are ACOG'S in use but they are limited as they cost a few quid. :evil:
  6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

and the fan dango rail system? is that gonna be on issue to everyone ?
  7. When stocks allow, Yes.
  8. As an Ex Armourer, I was on the second conversion course at SEME borden in 84. At the time we all thought what a s**** weapon. As have been out since 87 can anybody enlighten what they think ????
  9. look at the links i'v posted above, and also try the sites search function. theres a lot of opinions that have been posted, most are very happy with the weapon, i am for one, the only plob with it that i personaly dont like is that it isnt ambedextrous
  10. Whats Tritium??? Is the stuff that makes the susat glow???