SA80 torch attachment

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bibo_boy, Sep 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a decent torch system that attaches to an SA80 i.e. not a maglight and black nasty!
  2. There is a bracket for a maglite which is 'underslung'. You would also wish to know that there are ROE issues relating to torches on weapons, so unless you have relevant authority and training you should not do it.
  3. Used them during FIBUA Training? I found then really useful during DIBUA
  4. Although they exist (check the back of AESP 1005-L-200/202-711 from your friendly armourer) I've never seen one. Rocking horse sh1t apparently.
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Is it against the Geneva Conventions to shine a torch in someone's eyes before you shoot him? :lol:
  6. Not if he shoots you first.... then it's fine!!!!!
  7. It's also ok if he shines a light in your eyes too...?

Sorry, got hooked up on ROE because in NI (that is begining to sound like a desperate lantern swinging conversation starter) there was an orange (?) card for use of torches attached to weapons. Something to do with shining it peoples eyes because it means that you are pointing your rifle at them etc. Clearly not an issue in other theatres. I'll get my coat...
  8. I saw some RGJ's at the Mill a few years back with those Gucci brackets for Maglites on their rifles.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

A few of the EFI's in Bos had a shedload of Surefire-type handguards for various wpns including 'the best rifle to have come out of Enfield.' [sic]

I imagine that most were sold to foreign troops, and the SA80 ones are still gathering dust somewhere as very few Brits would have received approval to mount them.

Surefire don't list them so they must very wisely have decided to discontinue the item.
  10. ROE was relevant for the bracket mounted Maglite as the "spot" of the maglite could be moved/"zeroed" to coincide with fall of shot at range selected for zero. one could then illuminate and shoot a target without using a SUSAT, but still be legal for aimed shots.

There was a photo in the last week or so on BBC or other news site of troops in NI still fitted with this, can't remember its army name.
  11. Fakir torch, not sure of the spelling but thats what it sounds like. There used to be a zeroing cross in most SF bases across the water. Seemed to go out of favour with the arrival of the laser, light module now seen in Iraq.
  12. I didn't realise that you could get silencers for the SA80!

13. Yes Fakir torch it is.

Just a maglite underslung on the special handguard.
  14. It's a Finnish BR Reflex and they make them for everything, even Maxim guns and MG34s