SA80 to get binned in 2011

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Warrior-Webbing, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where did you get your info from? Link?

2. It is just a rumour at present, but from the sources I got it from, its a distinct possibility.

hope it happens, I'm sick of being let down time and time again by the SA80 :evil:

3. Yeh right.

4. Who are you and what do you want?

5. I'm sick of being let down by utterly shite Wahs! :evil:

6. Has Simon Mann got one ?

7. Shame no link to anything concrete.......

8. And what, pray tell, is a 'WAH'?? :?

I've only joined today.

9. this post is complete and utter drivel.

PLEASE! post the link to where you got this info. if its true I bet it was on an airsoft site.

the steyer aug is NO improvement over the sa80.
    in fact, having used and carried both rifles for years in my military career (NZ and Brit Armys) i can say without doubt the SA80A2 is by far more accurate and more reliable.

Randy_McNob, you a cadet by any chance? anyway your someone who has never used or carried a AUG thats for sure.

that said, this one post wonder is plobably the latest pathetic WAH attempt by a regular ARRSEr.

10. Fcuk all wrong with the A2. What newspaper you work for then?

11. Tubby? Is that you?

12. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

So they are going to replace the 5 year old A2 which is perfectly good with the Steyr which came out in 1977?

Sounds logical to me.

WAH!

13. either your a inane stupid civvy p*ick who has never served, or a regular arrser with a pathetic wah attempt.

if you had ever been in you would know what a 'wah' is.

bore off tool.

14. The A2 is much better, of course, but you still have the reliability issues that have always plagued it.

I have used an AUG on several occasions, nice weapon, nice to handle and good quality.

Knowing the British Army we will just get the A3...then the A4...then the A5 etc etc of the SA80 though

15. CNUT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.