Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SA80 Replacement on the distant horizon ?

Just looking around at SA80 things and found this, then I went to look at his site. I have no clue how much he charges, but they would make outstanding farewell gifts.

Just looking around at SA80 things and found this, then I went to look at his site. I have no clue how much he charges, but they would make outstanding farewell gifts.

I'd be at the back of, and walking backwards away from the shortest queue in history to be recipient of a wooden replica L85 A1.

I'd be at the back of, and walking backwards away from the shortest queue in history to be recipient of a wooden replica L85 A1.
I’m not a fan either, but some are, and it is a good piece of work. His M4’s look quaite naice too.

tgo

War Hero

You ... woodn't believe it :D

You ... woodn't believe it :D

The one I was waiting for was:

Scene: Daytime, outdoor range, light drizzle, recruit weapon training.

Sgt Hard-B'stard: "Wha's wrong with your ******* SA80 lad, why aren't you hitting the ******* target"?

Recruit: "It wooden fire Sergeant"

Is Victor @PhotEx’s boss? It appears he’s adept at working with wood.

. . . some limited potential for "Harrovian" instead of tree trunk, in my imagination at least :-D
Apparently:rolleyes: a .303 blank empty case used to fit perfectly into a No. 4 rifle grenade projector and used to fly several hundred metres (with a satisfying whistling sound) when propelled by a blank - or so a mate told me...

Just as well that JLS never had ammo for the 2 inch mortar or the 3.5 inch rocket launcher - the 'Harrovian' casualty rate would have been newsworthy to say the least.;)

Latest Threads