SA80 parts on Ebay.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cymru_am_Byth, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SA80 Parts on Ebay!

Is the selling of parts like that Illegal? Who would pay for the junk?

Rusty aswell.

2. 1. Rusty
    2. Adapted for airsoft

It's "dodgy" at best. Illegal... I don't think so.

3. Not sure to be honest. I had a friend who bought 3 A1 mags from a guy who lived around RAF Waddington. 2 days later SIB from Cranwell came a knocking and wanted the mags back..they had been nicked by a SAC.

TMH and other bits that size dont just go walkies out of the armoury surely, things like gas parts are easy to say you lost etc. Perhaps taken by a H&K employe or bought by them.

I do like the "NO NATO NUMBERS" part.

4. Is it possible that the parts are from a replica/deac, and have been adapted to airsoft?

I doubt very much if this is illegal, but if i was asking 250 quid for some gun parts i'd give them a clean first!!!

5. There's a line in one of the Firearms Acts which goes along the lines of "the possession of parts of a firearm, irrespective of their condition, without a licence is an offence.

These items look like they have been removed from a scrap-bin somewhere.

The Items shown are the body (though the barrel extension has been chopped through) and the TMH, the TMH is the master component, ie the one you CANNOT get. This TMH has had the back chopped off and a new piece welded on, note the lack of rear body locking pin hole on the TMH. What is worrying is that with this (albeit damaged) TMH and acces to the Armr's Shop keys you could build a fuly functioning SA80. Would sir like an A1 or a A2 model?

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

They look real enough to me however why anyone would want to buy that is beyond me! In the armouries I worked in,stuff like Breech Blocks,Barrels,Mags & stuff were controlled items.Firing pins & gas parts were'nt as we replaced so many on a daily basis.But worn & broken parts they were recorded & destroyed.

7. Looking closely at the photos,i think that whoever is selling them is still serving.Have a look at the shoes in the locker>

8. Can someone report him? If he is serving then this is very bad, dosn't this come under "part there of" bit of a deleration? If he isn't serving then he needs a visit from plod, to see what else he may have.

On another note, can someone charge him for having a rusty gat! lol :)

9. Won't be on there much longer. Ebay will be getting a call from SIB to disclose the seller ID.

Idiot.

10. I,ve read somewhere that when the Enfield factory closed there was skip loads of crap like that removed & sent to the dump. With these parts having no numbers stamped they could of come from there. If there was a number stamped & its been removed then someones in for a nicking. I,ve seen loads of SA80 bits & bobs being sold on ebay it amazes me what people will buy.

Regards LT.

11. What will they charge him with...........

"Piece of the Breech"? :lol:

12. Check out his feed back & item # 9107378142 its the second thing he sold. Gotta be still serving the dirty b@stard !!!!!!

LT.

13. You could have warned me LT, the good lady was looking over my shoulder wondering what I'll buy on Ebay. Needless to say I'm in the dog house now...

14. Sorry mate :oops:

LT.

15. Well nobody's showing interest at the moment with 21 hours to go. In all honesty, could these parts be used in a functioning rifle? It's really hard to tell from the photos but it looks totally fcuked to me. If anyone did want these parts they're definately not worth £250!

Can someone explain what airsoft is plz.