SA80 or Rifle 5.56 (L85A2) in Fiction

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by old_bloke, Aug 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Back from the holidays and took a box of books to while away the time .

Was amazed to read that in Clive Cussler's The Silent Sea . The Secret operatives when sledding into the US Artic base decided to take the L85A2 as...

"It is a bullpup system with the trigger at the rear in front of the magazine , so the trigger guard can be removed to allow shooting in bulky Artic mittens."

Apart from the fact that you could do this with the SLR a far better weapon IMO :)

Anybody know of other books where the super heros, spies etc use the L85A2?
  2. Andy McNab books
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eureka, ok it wasn't strictly a sa80 as the special effects guys has played with it and stuck some neat blue LEDs were the gas parts should be and painted it black but it was still recognisably a sa80, although not sure what variant as cocking lever was removed.

Resident evil apocalypse, some cowboy looking dude was tooting a sa80 and slotting zombies with it

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
  4. Dog Soldiers?
    There was that really shit series of SAS books that had them with SA80s and 'Chinese Fighting Suits' - read on whilst on watch one night, never to be repeated!
  5. Battlestar Galactica the rebels had a couple in their mixed bag of weapons
  6. Mike lunnon-woods books
  7. Resident evil film
  8. I do believe firefly had one in there.
  9. Sa80 is not designed to kill but wound .it takes two people to take one wounded soldier off the field .thus three men are off the field the l.s.w is just a longer ranged model . If it came down too them and me for me I'd use a nuke
  10. Here is the Alien . Marines gun rack . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346075138.882641.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Uppotte! The completely insane jap animation has l85 protrayed as a sickly little girl :)
  12. Would you like to test your theory? So if anyone is killed instead of wounded does the MOD have to cough up compensation?

Oh and you're a dipstick
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The mod is skint .you might get a tenna lady if you are really hurt.from dip stick!!!!