Sa80 New RIS handgaurd

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Whiskey_60, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw one of these the other day, would come in handy if you absolutely had to have everything possible attached to the front of your weapon.

Don't know wether you'd need to use all the rails though

2. Shame it doesn't mention the new compass attachment currently in use with the SFSG.

3. a compass...atached to a large metal thing?

...Have I just fallen for a WAH?!

4. HOW MUCH????

Haha, you would have to be a walt to waste such money. I'll stick to LLM or at worst Black and nasty and Maglite.

5. My spidey senses are tingling as well!

6. [​IMG]
    Taken at this years Dsei show

7. Wonder it that is an early A1, modded. Note the mag release catch.

What is the thing in front of the sight? surely that just blocks the sight?

8. Offset low-light...?

9. If i saw someone carrying that weapon in theatre I think i'd sh1t myself laughing!

10. The square thing up front is an EOTECH holosight, the one at the back is a nightvision sight, you can look through the NV one and see the holosight.....apperently

11. According to the latest KiT mag, we're all getting them, along with a new sight to replace the SUSAT, with one of those new-fangled red dots thingmies.

12. I'd rather stick to not having a fucking bright target indicator stuck on the front of my gat thanks. 8O

13. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Ive used both and to be honest Eotech(x1) is great for close in stuff but for good solid general duty i think the Susat(x4) is far superior. For quick close in work or mid range they both have advantages but Susat works for both whereas Eotech is only good for close in.

14. As used by airsofters worldwide - what the feck would be the point of putting a holographic sight (designed for fast target acquisition/long eye relief) through a 'kin nightsight (extremely short eye relief/longer target acquisition). Either a very old rifle in the picture or an airsoft version, and Im sure a defence contractor could have procured a loan of an A2.
    Looks a lot less comfortable (therefore accurate) in a firing position, I find pistol grips awkward in the prone poistion. Dont really fancy this - have I just joined the SLR brigade :idea: