SA80 Magazine

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HATTERBOY, Oct 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i have been tasked with completing an assignment on the SA80 magazine, the topic covers its function, what mechanical / Physical / Chemical properties it has, its material and ways that it fails etc. Obviously i will be checking out the AESP`s and other appropriate publications, however with the vast amount of knowledge on these forums i thought i would give it a go,and see if anyone has any good ideas of where else i can source this information.

Thanks BULLY

2. Function: Feeds rounds into the weapon, in an orderly, military fashion.
    Mechanics: A springy spring.
    Physicality’s: Box metal fastened beneath the rifle.
    Chemical properties: Umm! Metal
    Failures: Ask 3 Para BG

SK

3. What are AESP's?

4. Thanks Guys,

I`m on my Weapons Tiffy Course and just trying some short cuts, it was worth a try.

Nice Humour though!!!!!!!

5. H3

H3 LE

Tut! tut! Did you copy at school as well, info gathered by yourself is far more rewarding, go and be a good swot and read your course notes!!

6. We are encouraged to adapt and overcome, to suceed in life is to suceed on my course. So all hands to the pumps as thay say!!!!

7. What a dissappointment, I thought this thread was going to say there is a magazine ABOUT the SA80,
    Quick someone---slap me for being so sad!!!

8. Your vital input is much appreciated my friend!! :cry:

9. Still doesn't explain what AESp's are!

10. Army Equipment Support Publications

I think thats what they are, my memory fails me sometimes

11. Cheers - thought someone had made a mistake and it should have read AOSP's

12. made by hk they sell the same model to spams in the US so must be finally fixed

13. Pull up a sandbag & swing the light....... on T3 the SEALs we had in camp were constantly trying to blag our mags as they thought thiers were p*sh, talk about full circle.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I'm surprised they didn't try to nick of a few of our soldiers too!! :eek:

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Back in 87 when 1 Queens were SRB in XMG they had the colt mags which we always recognised as very tired and underperforming, the RG ones we had by comparisom were far superior and it took some watching to keep the tea leafing gippo mockney barsestewards from blagging/redistributing our wealth!