SA80 cleaning kit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gunz, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im looking for a good site to buy a few parts for the SA80 cleaning kit other than ebay/surplusandoutdoors because ebay is not got what im after and surplusandoutdoors have a shite service. Any help here would be much appreciated
    thanks

2. the QM's department it is free.

3. HHH

HHH LE

Why would you want, or need to??

4. 3 things to upgrade your cleaning kit a .223/.22 bore snake, paintbrush and a dentist pick/tools

5. Cover it in honey then dip it in sand - finally jetwash off with a pressure washer - should work a treat after that.

6. Are you a cadet?

Don't buy an issued cleaning kit, as you will be issued one. Also don't buy one because it's full of useless crap like a bit of sponge pushed onto a lolly stick!

If you really want to blow cash on cleaning materials to clean one of Betty's rifles then buy yourself a .2LR/.223/5.56 boresnake and a small dropper bottle of Break-Free CLP from any good gun shop. You will find these items will make cleaning no.8s and L98s, LSWs a lot easier. Everything else you need is in the issued kit. (Or should be)

Hoppe's .22 Caliber Rifle Boresnake .223, 5.56mm Calibre Centrefire Rimfire Cleaner 24011 Bore Snake

Midwayuk - Break-Free CLP (Bore Cleaning Solvent, Lubricant, Rust Preventative) .68 oz Liquid

7. Are they so you can identify your weapon from the scratches?

8. yes
    tenfuckingletters

9. A .22 boresnake. Yes great idea. Explain that to the armourer when you can't get it out again!

10. HHH

HHH LE

You're mean't to clean it, not give it a oral exam!!

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

autosol so you can bull the working parts into a jewell like state of perfection

12. Why wouldn't he be able to get it out? Have you ever used a boresnake?

13. Never had a problem myself (on no 8s or L85,86 or 98)... you do know .22 is the same as 5.56 don't you?

14. Yes I do know .22 is 5.56/ I also know how long it takes to get a jammed boresnake out of a rifle. They're ok for shotguns but not in small calibres - not in anything of mine.

15. Have you got the right size for the rifle or did yours snap the bootlace? Personally I've never known a snake get jammed and I've used .17, a .22 and a 7.62 versions. Seen plenty of patches and pull throughs jammed in barrels as a CFAV though!