SA80 Bayonet not enough for CQB?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Gladius, Sep 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That, my friend, was gash. Keep up the good work!

2. I give it 9 out of 10 for theory/concept, 2 out of 10 for delivery.

3. I do recall a book dismissed as a fabrication on here, written by a former national service man, who claimed to have
    done his regular national service, but was taken away at evenings & weekends to be trained in martial arts &
    assassination tecniques in Cyprus.

He was a northern karate teacher / gym owner last I heard, he did however refer to a special weapon they all carried,
    very much like this one.

The name of the book escapes me, but as it seems a simple weapon to make, perhaps there was a grain of thuth in it after all.

4. The battle only starts after your trousers fall down. Where did they get Stella The Fella from?

5. I'd bolt for the hills at the mere prospect of that horse-faced tranny leering at me.

6. Meh, I've paid good money to **** uglier.

7. Bring back the old WW1 sword bayonet...they don't like it up 'em. Then it'd be just like the old days.

8. I fear for the safety of some of the tubes on the internet. Some curly haired computer geek is arming himself like the hero in his favourite game, then, because he's found all the hidden trophies and got a high score, he goes onto the streets to defend his hometown from evil. Darwins Law immediately asserts itself and a dead geek is found the next day with a sweaty, sports wristlet black-nastied to half a pair of pinking shears jammed in one of his eyes.

I feel sorry for his, undoubtedly, single mother.

9. I think the Indians came up with the flexible sword first - it's called the Urumi.

10. And you cut your nuts off when drawing it.

11. Distracts your opponent, you see.

12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Bayonets are a complete and total waste of time - if you've fucked up to the extent that a pointy thing at the end of your extremely short gat is going to make any difference at all then you deserve to be topped and sent home to mum.

And don't get me started on all that "Show me your war face" and "What makes my grass grow Blood Blood Blood nonsense" Too much watching warry movies and copying bullshit that has no place in an army.

Bayonet charges might work against kids and teenagers - against trained infantry - you'd be dead or in pieces steaming in the dew before you've gone 20 meters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Although as a statement of resolve there can't be much to equal 'FIX SWORDS'.