SA80 A2

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Devilishdave, Feb 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most of us have had it for a while now. who has problems with it?

Dave

2. Well I can't hit the target with it , is that what you meant ?

3. Erm no not realy, there should be some marksmanship principals posters in your training wing you can have read at!! I know its not self cleaning already!!

Dave

4. Well, when we get them I'll let you know.....

5. I CANT FIND THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. it's near the front green thingy, kind of on the bottom, or maybe i have it upside down.

7. I don't know what they did to them, but it took ages to get all those gas parts silver again! :wink:

8. :lol: your not the only one !

9. I proudly shot my rifle last month, first person to sign and use that serial number, possibly the last.

After cleaning her up took it to my sgt only to be issued a bollacking for using scotchbrite on the gas parts cover

Sone sod had been there before me !!! My virginal shooting piece has been defiled I tell you !!!

10. Only problem I had had with A2 is :-

On Telic 2, the safety catch would go from safe to fire .. by vibration.. especially if you rested it on a the roll bar of your landy..

I counted 4 times on a trip from Shaibah to AZP I had to reset it.

My new issue post Telic A2 TMH broke at Sennybridge, Trigger springs broke.. flippy flappy trigger... took a year for an Armourer to fix it!

11. Probably took the Armourer ages to get the parts, used to have a loads stashed in the armoury, now it's indent for every part rather than, "Gizzus 20 of them, 30 of them, a bag of them and a few handfulls of that!" Crap system!

CC_TA

12. Butbutbut the MoD says it's the best!

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It's all costings now! The is a little retraction 'nut' for a weapons pylon on the Tornado GR4 called a 'inhibitor'.It's just a casting of a nut with one end closed over & a long pin in the center.You screw the nut onto the holding bolt & the pin retracts the locking spigots,allowing the bomb release gear to be remoed.
    Anyway,My old Sargent ordered a few & he got a mixed bag,some from a German maker & some from a well known British plane maker.
    The cost of the German ones were a hell of a lot cheaper than the British ones & when he queried the price,he was basically told thru channels to mind his own business by the British supplier!

14. If there were any serious problems with the A2, you can guarantee that the pages of Arrse would be awash with angry posts about it!

The only problem that I'm aware of since the A2 was introduced is that the A2 mod didn't initially sort out the old problem of safety catches jamming in dusty conditions. When this became apparent (again!) in the sandbox, the IPT hurriedly gave H&K a contract modification for a new catch made from a harder material. This has apparently solved the problem and I believe that all current issued rifles have this mod.