SA80 A2 mags for sale - legal?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Ravers, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've stumbled upon a surplus site selling A2 mags, blank ones and live ones. As far as I can tell, they're being flogged as souvenirs, the seller is not a Registered Firearms Dealer.

Without delving into where he got the mags, is this legal? Can anyone buy and sell mags for section 5 firearms?

He's got a few other interesting items like bayonets and the latest issue respirators too.

I'm not planning on grassing him up, I just find it interesting that's all.

Any ideas?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. blank mags? SLR mags could take live or blank, just another problem with the Tescos Value toy gun?

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can order Magpul magazines that are being used in Afghanistan online. So i dont suppose he is doing wrong, but im sure a resident expert will turn up.

4. Ravers

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. No. Just a safety measure to stop people getting shot unnecessarily.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not pressure bearing parts so no problem there. The question of legal ownership however.

7. Bit like owning a steering wheel without a driving licence, who gives a shite!.

8. Legal to sell them mate. Are they deffo SA80? Or are the p-mags?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Also instances on a MPC(A) course i did years ago where the DS thought it was funny to go into a shell scrape and take the weapon of the sleeping soldier and wake him up with a well aimed burst of blank automatic fire. Forward 1 day later and whilst clearing his pouches/mags the ex-sleeping soldier found live rounds in the bottom of one of his magazines. The aforementioned DS literally turned white when it was reported to him. Turned out all sorts of things were not done properly (declaration, lack of sleep, loading mags at night etc etc) but wouldnt of happened if we have what we have now which is blank/live mags.

10. Ravers

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ravers

12. Then they need to have it pointed out to them. Firearms offences draw coppers like a moth to a flame, a solved firearms offence is tea and medals all round.

13. I had 8 colt magazines for an M16, worked just fine in an A1.

14. ...apart from the rifle falling off them. Gradually.