SA vs Argentina

Now gentlemen (term used loosely), I have seen the debate re England's win turning into a devolution debate in another thread. So to get you boring gits off the subject, my prediction for tonight - SA 24 Argentina 12. PS this from a Saffer who served in a Jock regiment.

Ah now Bob, you load me onto the horns of a dilemma.

Do I support the Boks on the tried-and-trusted basis of Englishmen everywhere supporting any team that plays against the Argentinians, French or Germans but then we end up playing them in the final?

Or do I pray for a fluke Pumas win so that we face the weaker team next week, moving towards a re-run of The Falklands 25 years on, where we win again (although this time without the aid of the Jocks, Taffs, Paddys, Gurkhas and assorted other folk)?

Aaah FB I admire your sentiments but resistance is futile. Support the Boks and accept second place , go on, you know you want to!

I'll be pulling for the Argies.

Purely because I would rather hand it to them in the final.

Well, here's a deal if the Argies win, I'll buy the first round on an ARRSe crawl in Galsgow.

CAARPS said:
Argies for me for the same reasons as the Guru
And the fact that there are to many Bok’s in the Regt to take the piss if it all goes t*ts :oops:

Can’t think of any Argies in the unit :D

CAARPS said:
CAARPS said:
Argies for me for the same reasons as the Guru
And the fact that there are to many Bok’s in the Regt to take the urine if it all goes t*ts :oops:

Can’t think of any Argies in the unit :D
Oooh hell, that may come back to bite you when teh Boks win!

oooo

SA 15, Argentina 13...probably be a battle of attrition too...good game guaranteed.

Peter

24-6 to SA, looks like Argentina are on a bit of a decent.

Next saturday night is going to be a fun one! Prepare for a world of pain.

ok...was right about Argentina getting 13...bit wrong about RSA getting 15 though. Shambles.

Should be a tough final.

Peter

BobMugabe said:
Next saturday night is going to be a fun one! Prepare for a world of pain.
Well it's going to be an interesting night if nothing else. :D

I wasn't as impressed with the Boks as I thought that I would be.

Their tries in the main were caused by the Argies chucking it around a tad too much, something that I think that we won't be doing on Sat.

No dispute, the Bok backs are class, even though I do detest Butch James, and I did see the old shoulder charge is still part of his game.

The Bok pack aren't as impressive as I thought. It will be 36 days exactly since we got hammered 36-0 and there is a certain destiny in it all.
We are in with a shout.