SA Nightclub - 22 dead in strange circumstances

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
My old town.
Police are refusing parents access to the bodies of their children after they were killed in an as yet unknown tragedy that has left at least 22 people dead at an East London tavern.

The cause of the deaths at Enyobeni Tavern in Scenery Park is unknown at this time. Initial speculation was that the patrons were either exposed to some form of poison or an incident resulted in a large number being killed in a stampede, but with a lack of any visible injuries and the positioning of the bodies, commentators have suggested that it could not have been a stampede.

Inside the venue, Daily Dispatch witnessed bodies lying bizarrely as if they collapsed to the floor suddenly while dancing or in the middle of a conversation, some seemingly in the social circles they were engaging with. Other bodies are slumped across chairs and lying over tables.

Dodgy batch of drugs?

There's almost no news stories on it. Only Mirror and Daily Star.

Then there's this one, which says its in East London.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
There's almost no news stories on it. Only Mirror and Daily Star.

Then there's this one, which says its in East London.

same source.
Most other saffer sites have just rewrites.

DK27

Old-Salt
My old town.
Police are refusing parents access to the bodies of their children after they were killed in an as yet unknown tragedy that has left at least 22 people dead at an East London tavern.

The cause of the deaths at Enyobeni Tavern in Scenery Park is unknown at this time. Initial speculation was that the patrons were either exposed to some form of poison or an incident resulted in a large number being killed in a stampede, but with a lack of any visible injuries and the positioning of the bodies, commentators have suggested that it could not have been a stampede.

Inside the venue, Daily Dispatch witnessed bodies lying bizarrely as if they collapsed to the floor suddenly while dancing or in the middle of a conversation, some seemingly in the social circles they were engaging with. Other bodies are slumped across chairs and lying over tables.
Horrendous. Terrorist CBRN attack? Carbon monoxide leak? But to happen as described, unlikely. Victims from these don't just die in the way described. Not into conspiracies but ritual planned suicide?

Just hope the families get their answers and if it transpire it was something that could have been avoided, new precautions put in place.

22 people. A tragedy. Nothing about this in UK MSM just the usual Z celeb list garbage.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
Horrendous. Terrorist CBRN attack? Carbon monoxide leak? But to happen as described, unlikely. Victims from these don't just die in the way described. Not into conspiracies but ritual planned suicide?
SA is currently suffering a spate of power cuts, known as 'load shedding', which sees planned outages for 2 hr periods across various areas.
Many places, as a result, have generators in place to run lights, fridges, discos etc.
Nightclubs commonly have gennies.
This could be the source, if the mongs ran it indoors.

DK27

Old-Salt
SA is currently suffering a spate of power cuts, known as 'load shedding', which sees planned outages for 2 hr periods across various areas.
Many places, as a result, have generators in place to run lights, fridges, discos etc.
Nightclubs commonly have gennies.
This could be the source, if the mongs ran it indoors.
If they ran gennies indoors? Unreal!

Seems to me more an airborne oxygen starvation monoxide /aggressive toxin event rather than simultaneous liquid ingestion surely? It's a mystery for now how it caused a mass take down though.
Unless....and I trust not..... a mass murder event with "something" introduced into the AC systems.
Do they know if others ran for it?

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
Seems to me more an airborne oxygen starvation monoxide /aggressive toxin event rather than simultaneous liquid ingestion surely? It's a mystery for now how it caused a mass take down though.
Unless....and I trust not..... a mass murder event with "something" introduced into the AC systems.
No airco in a place like that.
My gut feel is - as stated above - CO poisoning/generator interface
First reports came in just after 4am, and that ties in with the loadshedding cycle,

I'll keep tabs on local media.

DK27

Old-Salt
Very good point. What state were other survivors in? Mild symptoms, no effects? To kill 22 people in the manner described would have to be very quick acting or slowly leaked over a long period of time.

RIP victims, hope the families get their answers.

Latest Threads