SA(B)90 Range qualification.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by walt_of_the_walts, Dec 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps and/or chapesses,

Does anyone have the definitive answer: What pre-requisites or range quals must one have to attend this course?

2. Nothing that I'm aware of.

That said, I gained my B Qual at Sandhurst, so can't say for sure how a Bde Training Team would run it (for example).

Have you tried asking whoever is running the course?
  3. cmcq me thinks is the least one my need, pip pip.....
  4. Windowlene at half price again is it?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. brasso, its crimbo iam spoiling myself, please feel free to join me in a gargle.
  6. I'd prefer to spend my Xmas force feeding you track pads..
  7. Pretty sure it's just DIT.
  8. it matters not one wit my dear chap. i will enjoy my festive luncheon safe in the knowledge that your dreaming of me .
  9. My training resource is the various CTTs nationally (Cadet Training Teams)

They don't list the course, but some CFAVs have done it. I think it might no longer be open to CFAVs as all the other range courses done in order theoretically add up to SA(B)90.

If it were available what would the requirements be? If it's what I think it is, it would be in date WHT and min rank of Cpl.

I can't find any info on Westminster or Armynet.

The plan would be to smash out all the range course in a oner, rather than numerous weekday trips to sodding Beckingham, where most of these courses seem to be run from currently
  10. When i done mine it was pre WHT days and i already had 25mtr and gallery, and yes it was min rank Cpl as we had TA guys on it with us.

We used SA80 on 400 mtr ETR range, the SA80 as it was a TA course not Cadets.

And pistol range with Browning 9 milly, with pulley operated targets.

We wrote a set of range orders for both and ran both details.
  11. WotW, I suggest you read Section 2 of Pam 21-C, and in particular Chapter 4.

CFAVs cannot attend qualifying courses that are listed in Chapter 3.
  12. Cheers. Didn't think of looking there.
  13. 21-C is in thr Documeent Library on Westminster.

Chapter 4 lists the courses available for CFAVs.

Chapter 3 lists the courses available for the Regular Army and Reserve Forces.

If you are a CFAV you cannot attend a course that would rsult in the B qual.
  14. jsp535, 0805.
  15. Being in the Army (or Navy or RAF at a pinch) is one, so you don't qualify.