s95 genuine and s95 pattern...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by James51234, Mar 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI all, not a big deal, but how can you tell the difference between the genuine MOD made s95 clothing, and the s95 pattern clothing which is almost half the price!!

Can you tell through the label, or are they different in looks at all?? For example how would i tell if my s95 shirt was genuine or a cheap imitation?

2. Generally you can tell by the buttons as the fake ones are inferior in quality.

I would also presume there is no NSN label.

3. Ask the RSM they always seem to spot these things from 3 miles away ;-)

4. Why the interest ? or are you a walt who wants to "look the part"

5. check the label. an nsn for british kit will have our countries numerical designation for the 5th and 6th numbers of '66'

6. or '99' if you are reading it the correct way up!

7. Be careful of NSN numbers, Webtex and "0thers" put in a NSN Number that is the same as the issue types, so you would never know via the NSN Number.

Normally clothing that is half the price, is made by Thatchreed (Webtex/Viper) or Highlander.

Ebay is a good place to get issue stuff, or go via Field Textiles, go for grade 3/4 then exchange it :)

Regards

8. You shouldn't make jokes, I was born with my eyes upside down. Very sad I know.

9. The other thing to look for is the little dots you get around Issue DPM pattern, no dots mean its not issue, but having dots dosn't mean its not a fake!

10. Webtex have scored a bit of an own goal recently. In trying to copy s95, they have made low quality even lower, but cost more.

The genuine kit is often cheaper anyway!