S95 Clothing system

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by walt_of_the_walts, Sep 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there any posters/publications that show in detail what the S95 Clothing system consists of, and what its optional items are?

I am trying to place a large order wth Field Textiles to equip several Air Cadet units, but the cadets have little concept of what is available or what they want.

They all want the usual smock, but option such as fleeces, norgies, gloves, goretex etc, seem to confuse them.

Any helpful stores info greatly appreciated.

2. There is a poster with the CS95 layer system on it in cartoon format [!]. It goes from thermal undies through to Gary Goretex if I recall. Give the clothing stores of your nearest defence establishment a call-- I'm sure they'd send you one if you explain who you are. I last saw one on the wall at RAF Leeming Clothing Stores.

Cheers, Dave
  3. This won't help much but there was a poster that displayed the layer system of CS 95.

Anyone remember seeing this?

Edited to add: Damn you Dave your far quicker at the typing thing!
  4. Eee lass, they were a blur!
  5. walt - where are you based? Don't you have any 'assistance' from the RAF for kit?
  6. Jimima -- if you aren't a lass.....apologies!!! :oops:
  7. I think the poster was also in the kit mag. Can't recall the number but they are all available online.
  8. IIRC that cartoon was from an issue of KIT Magazine,try contacting them for a reprint.
    A lot of articles from kit are available as posters.
    That place in Wales LLangerich(Spelling?) should do prints

EDIT Beaten to it!!
  9. I'll forgive you oniy if you bend over and take my big one like a real man!!!

Although I fear the wife would not agree about the size thing!
  10. msr

msr LE

11. Thanks Chaps.

The poster is helpful, but I was hoping for photographs. If anybody has such a thing, please me know.