S3 and vehicle bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by skid2, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

So there I was in the merc shop explaining to the nice person that my built in bluetooth had packed in. I could hear them but they couldnt hear me. Off they went and came back for the phone. Ah an S3, there may be a problem here you need a software upgrade. So I looked, no sign of one. I have searched and googled but the only other one seems to be a person in singapore

2. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Ah should have made it clearer. Damn thing doesn't take calls. Can ring in and out. I can hear them but they can't hear me.

3. Have you got a little icecream cone looking icon on your dash? If so, you have "mute" on

4. Sounds like a microphone issue, have you got another phone to try it with?

5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

No sign of an ice cream cone thing. And yes htc (which might have a software problem also). Off to dig out a nokia.

6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Acc to those nice people at Samsung the S3 runs on a vehicular bluetooth system of 4.0 or later. App the current Merc does not run a 4.0 (like I'd know). Are they thinking of doing an update, no. Or a software update for the S3, no. 'But not to worry' said the nice man at Samsung 'It just means that you may not be able to utilise all the phones features through that particular system'.

What, like being able to take part in your half of a phone call?