S**tting on own doorstep

[h=1]Police close town centre brothel[/h] BY LAUREN ARCHELL
The premises in Buxton Road, Luton​
Bedfordshire Police have closed a property in Luton using powers under the Sexual Offences Act.
Magistrates heard the application made by police for a Closure Order under Section 136D of the act for the premises in Buxton Road.
The court agreed the Closure Order, closing the property for a three month period.
Members of the local policing team, using information from members of the public and with the support of Luton’s Anti Social Behaviour Unit, posted the closure notices on the premises shortly after the hearing.
The closure notice states that:
1. Name and address of affected premises:
Ms C Pusey, 67 Buxton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 1RE
On application of the Chief Constable of Bedfordshire Police Constabulary, Police Headquarters, Kempston, Bedfordshire
2. The above shown premises are subject to a CLOSURE ORDER under Section 136D of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

3. The Court has found that, within the relevant period, in relation to the address that these premises have been used for activities relating to a specified prostitution offence and that the making of this Order is necessary to prevent any further use of the premises for any specified prostitution offences.

This closure order prohibits anyone from remaining on or entering and to do so will render them liable to arrest.
The application had been made after local residents had been subjected to anti social behaviour from those using and visiting the property.
Police Sergeant Jason Cahill, of the local policing team, said: “This is the first property within Bedfordshire to be closed using this legislation which is designed specifically to challenge anti social behaviour and as a direct response to the concerns of the local community.
“The quality of life for those who live close to this house had been undermined and this application would not have been successful without members of the local community supporting this action and I would like to thank them for their help.
“This process was a team effort, which involved members of Bedfordshire Police and the council’s Anti Social Behaviour Unit, all working together to achieve one goal.”
Police close town centre brothel | Local News in Luton, Dunstable and Bedfordshire

As few will be aware, Buxton Road is also where you'll find Luton Police Station and Luton Magistrates Court.

Will the premises be open for business again in 3 months if the staff and visitors promise to be quiet?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
In scarborough there was a brothel in Barr st, same scenario and back in the early 80's

The chinese were running a brothel in a house right next door to the police station near where i used to live........it had been running there for years....apparently!.........:police:...........was the noise keeping the coppers awake.....were they being charged too much?

I take it it was Kent Police?

Well Cynthia Payne use to run a brothel at 32 Ambleside Avenue, in Streatham in the late 70's & early 80's.
And made it all a bit respectable to get you kit off and shag some prostitute in your lunch time if you wanted to.
Elderly men paid in Luncheon Vouchers to dress up in lingerie and be spanked by young women!

The chinese were running a brothel in a house right next door to the police station near where i used to live........it had been running there for years....apparently!.........:police:...........was the noise keeping the coppers awake.....were they being charged too much?
Trouble with having a shag at the Chinese brothel is that five minutes after you've finished you want another.

Don't know if they did take-aways as well?.....:w00t:

Elderly men paid in Luncheon Vouchers to dress up in lingerie and be spanked by young women!
You make that sound like a bad thing!

Well Cynthia Payne use to run a brothel at 32 Ambleside Avenue, in Streatham in the late 70's & early 80's.
And made it all a bit respectable to get you kit off and shag some prostitute in your lunch time if you wanted to.
Keep going, I'm nearly there.

Is it just that they've pissed off the wrong people? The reason I ask is there is a brothel in my area that everyone knows about and they even advertise in the local free paper, doesn't even try to disguise itself by calling it a "massage parlour".
Red.jpg

The place is located on a trading estate though, so I suppose because it's not bothering anyone, they are left alone.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tell me about it, I used to live around the corner from there as a growing teenager and didn't even know about it until it got shut down. Still I suppose shagging my mate's mum made up for it ;-)

T

trowel

Is it just that they've pissed off the wrong people? The reason I ask is there is a brothel in my area that everyone knows about and they even advertise in the local free paper, doesn't even try to disguise itself by calling it a "massage parlour".
View attachment 106857

The place is located on a trading estate though, so I suppose because it's not bothering anyone, they are left alone.
Strictly speaking,trading is going on. So that`s OK then as long as the whoors aren`t "pressed" East Europeans. I wonder if it helps keep the rapists off the street.