Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

S/Sgt Robin Walker REME

It is with great sadness that i have to report the death of ex S/Sgt Robin Walker REME who died yesterday morning at Kings Mill Hospital Mansfield.

I will be doing a longer post shortly as i am currently working away and have begged the guest house to let me use thier email

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Is this the same Rob we used to go for a creep down the Reep with. I was just listening to 'Funkin for Jamaica' the other night and thinking about burning up to Hamburg from Fally with Rob, Rick, Dave and Dennis lol

Sorry to hear this news, Rob's timing and sense of humour was always unbeatable. Slaat burger, indeed.

Glad I had the chance to enjoy your company Rob.

Again, my sincere condolences to family and friends.

Swamp_Rat said:
My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Is this the same Rob we used to go for a creep down the Reep with.

This will undoubtedly be the same Rob you had a creep down the reep with!!

I am home for a day so can do a longer post for the bald one now!

Robin was well know in the REME as an excellent mechanic, Artisan and general all round bloke. I was lucky enough to have known Robin for coming on 15 years, a friendship that continued when he and i both left the REME.

Robin initially went onto work in Taiwan when he left and was involved in M3 rigs due to the vast amount of experience he had built up on the during his time at Hameln with 28 Engr Regt.

He then went onto become a commissioning engineer for a company in the Aluminium smelting industry, a career that he excelled in once again and he was well respected worldwide for his knowledge of casthouse procedures. i worked with Robin in this industry by chance, i applied for a job and ended up working alongside him and we traveled worldwide on jobs together.

Robin had a passion for off roading and Land-Rovers, his garage, workshop and friends yards are full of the running, non running and general junk that Robin acquired over his years! Robin must have had a trade account with EBay also!

As i have already said, Robin will be sorely missed, he had a huge group of friends and i personally will miss the phone calls with the first words uttered "alright yooooooth!!!"

RIP Robin, like you always said, "when i get to the pearly gates, i will not have regretted anything nor will there be anything i wish i had tried but was scared not to"

i reckon you were right there mate..............

I still remember when the Tiawanese government came round to look at the M3's, we spent days getting the place spick and span. We hid in the break area until they had gone. Rob came round and said "they wanted to buy the M3's there and then and had suitcases full of money, I was tempted". Also they were highly impressed at how clean our working enviroment was, Rob told them, infront of the CO "My boys never work like this, it's only bulls""t for you lot, as per usual". CO was not happy to say the least. The Tiawanese were however and offered him a job. Cracking bloke.

Falklands16 said:
I still remember when the Tiawanese government came round to look at the M3's, we spent days getting the place spick and span. We hid in the break area until they had gone. Rob came round and said "they wanted to buy the M3's there and then and had suitcases full of money, I was tempted". Also they were highly impressed at how clean our working enviroment was, Rob told them, infront of the CO "My boys never work like this, it's only bulls""t for you lot, as per usual". CO was not happy to say the least. The Tiawanese were however and offered him a job. Cracking bloke.

Good to hear the truth. Condolences.