S max bonnet problem!

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Bootifull, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bonnet on my beloved S Max will not shut at all, I've done the google thingy and it looks as if my cable is frayed!!

Some kind fella on here put a linky to a garage forum but I can't find it.
    I'm looking to see how much the garage will rip me off with parts & labour, the part is less than £25 from Ford, but I've no idea how long it will take to fit.

Anyone know the linky?

Ta muchley xxx

2. Hi Boots

Well if it just the cable then yes i am guessing around the £25 mark.
    I think it could be quite alot on the labour, its not complicated just has a huge potnetial to be very awkward to do!
    I did one on a mates focus a wee while ago and after much swearing and blood running from my hands it took a couple of hours.
    I guess if you went to a local garage rather than a main dealer you could be looking at around £100 .
    I just did a search and it seems to be a common fault !
    How old is the car? warranty job maybe ? worth a go?

Kind regards

RM

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Are you in a position to appropriate a friendly REME type to do it?

4. I had exactly the same with my Mk3 Galaxy. Ended up with a warranty repair.

5. Found the forum.....HONEST JOHN

Called a couple of places, looks like it'll cost approx £120.
    Can't get it done today, so will risk driving down the A303 tomorrow, my wee cherubs have to be back in school.

The REME blokes we know are all on POTL.

Cheers for replies xxxxx

6. Don't drive at any speed if the bonnet won't secure properly, or you will end up with the biggest sun visor in history. You need to secure it somehow before you drive anywhere.

7. we had the same problem just as I was driving back to the UK from Germany at christmas - it survived the whole journey luckily! It only took a few hours at the garage to get a new 1 fitted. Now we're having the same problem with the boot catch