Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Luke-675, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First if u dont know then dont answer!

Just wondered can you join the SAS if you are colour blind, I'm only mildly colour blind but will that stop me from joinin em??

Also is it true they don't let you in if you have any tattoos??
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Oh dear.
  3. Target will fall when hit! :twisted:
  4. Are you in the Army yet??
  5. What??
  6. What colours do you have trouble with Luke?
    Tell us about your ink.
  7. We've got another one!
  8. I belive (I was told by my mate down the pub), that as long as you can see the colour of the boathouse at 100 yards then you can join.

What is even more amazing, is that in the eye test for 49 Para, you have to be able to see the colour at 150 yards..............
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Meaning, it doesn't matter if you are cross-eyed and have scribbled all over your body in permanent marker if you haven't even joined up yet. You must serve 3 years before even applying for SF selection.

Concentrate on your joining process, fitness, education, and get through training. Get to your first unit and have some fun.

Join the Army first, then try to better yourself. If you "justwannabeSAS", then just fuck off.
  10. Jesus fcukin christ! if you have not got the fcukin gumption to find out for your self then under your own steam don't fcukin bother or is this just a big myself up to my mates exercise in I'm gonna join the SAS.
  11. I havent had my ink yet cos of this I was meant to be gettin it next week.

And to give you an idea of how mild my colourblindness is I went almost 16 years before I found out and I only found out at selection.

And the reason I wanna join SAS is cos my great grandad was in it when it was formed as the Long Range Dessert Group.
  13. WAHdar on and scanning.
  14. Colour blind? what colour cant you see?

Tatttoos are fine but you won't get in because your mother and father are brother and sister. Can you play the banjo?
  15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Again, Oh dear.

Wah. Slap your Great Grandad for getting his facts wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.