S.A.S - Have you worked for them?

No not them!

Yep the Surrey Ambulance Service was a hard gig.
But we did wear epilates with S.A.S on which was not bad in 1984.

So anyone else worked for another S.A.S company?

I was once a salesman in their Reading Branch with good old Jimmy Saville but we got the sack for allegedly molesting Esther Rantzen while fitting her with a pair of shoes. Stead and Simpson !

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I once worked for "Shit, It's come on top. Lets try and talk our way out"

"Ah fuck. The fucking Dago in the uniform has shut the gates and we're proper fucked"

"Shit. Fucking shit. Bollocks. I blame you, you useless fucking doss cunt".

"Who the fuck are you calling a useless doss cunt, gay boy?"

"Ah, Officer. We are British Passport holders and we appear to have an issue. We are in funds and ready to proceed. How do you feel about cash?"

"Fucking doss cunt"

"I did your Mam. Let's move on shall we?"

So yeah, I worked with the SAS.

I worked for the S.A.S but only on weekends,

Ritscha!
If you can drive pretty well I call you out as Ben Collins and want my free attempt around the track!!!

No not them!

So anyone else worked for another S.A.S company?
Theres a lot around, To google just a few

SAS Global SAS is Scandinavia's leading airlines and offers flights to over 100 destinations
San Antonio Shoemakers
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market.
SAS Curriculum Pathways
Pennsylvania Standards Aligned System (SAS)

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Sausage dogs are fucking shite deserves an honorable mention. Because they are. Have a fucking look...

SAS. Bunch of ******* puffs.jpg

In the book about the British mercenaries in Angola, called Fire Power, by Dave Tomkins, there is a mention of a company set up by an ex-Para. It was called Security Advisory Services.

Safety Air Systems in Haydock, Merseyside

In the book about the British mercenaries in Angola, called Fire Power, by Dave Tomkins, there is a mention of a company set up by an ex-Para. It was called Security Advisory Services.
That's right. The founder was a guy called John Banks, who was in 1PARA during the 1960s. The choice of initials was not accidental.

Banks seems to have disappeared of the radar screen, but the impression is that the guy was a con-man. The mercs he sent out to Angola were recruited haphazardly (they included two ex-RN submariners), and were promised non-combat roles with the FNLA. Eleven of these guys ended up being murdered by Costas Georgiou ('Colonel Callan') and Sammy Copeland in Jan 1976.

Peter McAleese describes the whole business in his memoirs as well.

John Banks used to frequent the pubs near HMS Excellent when it was the Gunnery School in the 60s trying to recruit people for his mercenary business. He suddenly stop frequenting the pubs, apparently he'd been warned of by a couple of smart looking guys in suits.

This fat cunt's known as "The Man" and was one of "Them" from the '60s up to the early '70s. Respect. They (Them) got back together in '79 and toured Germany (yeah, right) conspicuously without The Man, who was by then limbering up for a bit of balcony action. Notoriously publicity-shy, he is credited with introducing the balaclava/S6 combo beloved of military fashionistas. Or fantasists. He just wants to be left alone. In Tesco's.

[video=youtube;S_j7i_ZVfxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_j7i_ZVfxw[/video]

John Banks used to frequent the pubs near HMS Excellent when it was the Gunnery School in the 60s trying to recruit people for his mercenary business. He suddenly stop frequenting the pubs, apparently he'd been warned of by a couple of smart looking guys in suits.
His recruits for Angola included two scaleybacks (p/t) from what was then 55 Sigs Sqn (TAVR). Their OC interviewed them when they came back from the wars, but opted not to discharge them because they had (in his words) 'entered into this escapade purely out of a spirit of adventure’. William Rodgers (the Minister of State for the Armed Forces) went absolutely mental when he heard about it.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
No not them!

I wore Temperate Combats as a young Medic doing their job for them in 1989/90 during the Ambulance Strike (Aldershot/Farnborough)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Work for them?

I'm the leading manufacturer of their trademark shades. ImageUploadedByARRSE1350406316.374188.jpg ImageUploadedByARRSE1350406345.874250.jpg