S.A.S - Have you worked for them?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Oct 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No not them!

Yep the Surrey Ambulance Service was a hard gig.
    But we did wear epilates with S.A.S on which was not bad in 1984.

So anyone else worked for another S.A.S company?

2. I've worked with all of UKSF.....does that count?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was once a salesman in their Reading Branch with good old Jimmy Saville but we got the sack for allegedly molesting Esther Rantzen while fitting her with a pair of shoes. Stead and Simpson !

4. I worked for the S.A.S but only on weekends,

Ritscha!

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I once worked for "Shit, It's come on top. Lets try and talk our way out"

"Ah fuck. The fucking Dago in the uniform has shut the gates and we're proper fucked"

"Shit. Fucking shit. Bollocks. I blame you, you useless fucking doss cunt".

"Who the fuck are you calling a useless doss cunt, gay boy?"

"Ah, Officer. We are British Passport holders and we appear to have an issue. We are in funds and ready to proceed. How do you feel about cash?"

"Fucking doss cunt"

"I did your Mam. Let's move on shall we?"

So yeah, I worked with the SAS.

6. If you can drive pretty well I call you out as Ben Collins and want my free attempt around the track!!!

7. Theres a lot around, To google just a few

SAS Global SAS is Scandinavia's leading airlines and offers flights to over 100 destinations
    San Antonio Shoemakers
    SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market.
    SAS Curriculum Pathways
    Pennsylvania Standards Aligned System (SAS)

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Sausage dogs are fucking shite deserves an honorable mention. Because they are. Have a fucking look...

SAS. Bunch of fucking puffs.jpg

9. I belonged to the SAS (Salsa At Sidcup).

I was hunting down members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

• Like Like x 1
  10. In the book about the British mercenaries in Angola, called Fire Power, by Dave Tomkins, there is a mention of a company set up by an ex-Para. It was called Security Advisory Services.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My dad was one of them, and was decorated for his part in an armed seige.

12. Safety Air Systems in Haydock, Merseyside

13. That's right. The founder was a guy called John Banks, who was in 1PARA during the 1960s. The choice of initials was not accidental.

Banks seems to have disappeared of the radar screen, but the impression is that the guy was a con-man. The mercs he sent out to Angola were recruited haphazardly (they included two ex-RN submariners), and were promised non-combat roles with the FNLA. Eleven of these guys ended up being murdered by Costas Georgiou ('Colonel Callan') and Sammy Copeland in Jan 1976.

Peter McAleese describes the whole business in his memoirs as well.

14. John Banks used to frequent the pubs near HMS Excellent when it was the Gunnery School in the 60s trying to recruit people for his mercenary business. He suddenly stop frequenting the pubs, apparently he'd been warned of by a couple of smart looking guys in suits.

15. Shouldn't this be in the TA section ;-)

Coat, Taxi...

• Like Like x 1