Ryanair Flight turns back as captain ill

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Captain is taken I'll, Your 15 minutes from your destination but the aircraft returns to it departure point???

Link here

2. Superb comment from passenger Paul "Walter two sheds" Walsh :-

"I do a bit of flying myself, so I knew what was going on I knew what was happening, so I was not particularly concerned"

:roll:

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This would only really be an interesting story if both pilots had been taken ill.

If one is unwell, the other flies the aircraft.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Must've been too much Porter the night before!

5. This is a protest by the pilots, I reckon. They are having a long running spat with Ryanair's management over pay - and this wouldn't have gone down well with the latter...

6. Why fly it back hundreds of miles again when they were only 15 minutes away from their destination. Silly company policy!

7. Mad_Moriarty

Ryan Air = Irish

Thats why.

8. Ermm...have I told you about a Tristar inbound to Split that decided it was u/s so it flew all the way home?? Silly RAF policy?

9. If that was an attempt to be a joke, It's not funny! :x

10. I think it may be one of those things which sound idiotic but may have a good reason behind them, the scheduled destination airport may be difficult to land at, if that was the case it would make it particularly unsuitable for a single pilot landing and hence diversion to a more suitable airport would have been a reasonable option.

Saludos Amigos
    Zapata

11. What I don't get it why you need a pilot to land a plan now, if something like that happened you could let the autopliot land the thing. But now, its political corectness gone mad.

12. I think the fact that the pilot collapsed and lost conciousness might have something to do with returning to stanstead.

13. We need to find somebody who can fly this plane...

Who didn't have fish for dinner!!!

14. So I take it that there are no qualified doctors at the destination point?

If that were the real reason I would sue Ryan airs (employers) arrse off because he kept qualified medical assistance away from me when in a vulnerable condition - civvy firms have a duty of care for their employees as well......

15. More like the remaining pilot was just about qualified to land it but not able to take off again, so being too tight to fly another pilot out to fly the crate back it was cheaper to fly home :wink: