Ryanair - discount airline?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Alsacien, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Unfortunately I need to get somewhere that only Ryanair cover.

Just booked a "discount" flight - a return for 2 people, total cost Euro 15.
    Plus taxes.
    Plus 1 bag.
    Plus insurance ('cos they will leave you in the middle of nowhere without options).
    Plus handling fee.
    Plus credit card charges (not that you can pay an other way).

Total Euro 158.20!!!! For the privilege of being treated like a veal calf. :x

Anyone got a purple shell suit they can lend me so I can blend in with the other passengers?
  2. There is flying by Ryanair and there is drowning in your own p*ss.

It's a tough call.
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If you paid by credit card, you'll already have insurance.
  4. Not quite like a veal calf, I don'e believe they feed you to the natives on arrival.
  5. Ryanair the company who took the glamour out of flying.

Don’t get the scratch cards or buy the coffee. Also make sure you have a hard hat just in case one of those carry on bags falls on your head.
  6. You should give www.FlyBMI.co.uk a go. ALL their prices include taxe and extra's. Book a month in advance and you get flights for £35 (including taxes!)
  7. I've only ever flown with them once and now I always discount them as an airline. They weren't earth-shatteringly cheaper than the alternatives and by the time I'd paid my taxi fare half-way across Europe from airport to destination, the difference might have paid for soup and main course, if I was lucky.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

German wings are the Boxhead equivalent, like a Polish trolley dash! You are probably better off buying a banger and driving there!
  9. I would rather fcuk myself up the tradesman's with the rough end of a Christmas tree than fly with Pikey Airways. I try to use Air Berlin as much as possible. Cheap, efficient and with top Teutonic totty showing me how to die with panache in an emergency. They're the best kept secret of contemporary air travel. Or rather were now I've blabbed. Doh!