RyanAir and 30l Daysacks

GDog

Crow
I'm off to somewhere warm and exotic this weekend but sadly the outbound leg is with RyanAir. I'm thinking of taking my 30l black Pusser's daysack as carry-on baggage but am unsure if it meets rules on size and it's not about for me to measure it right now.

Has anyone taken them on RyanAir before and if so did they give you any grief?

There are dimension for carry on luggage on the internet. Look it up.

Probably depends how tight it's packed. If You can get it into the size guide box at boarding,it should be ok. If not have a spare £100 to have it put in the hold. ;)
ETA: A pox on their house.

As an aside. My Missus came back from Ireland and had to purchase another case to accommodate the 5 Kg of potatoes she decided to bring back! I kid you not! Said they were Maris Pipers, notwithstanding we buy Maris Pipers on a weekly basis at the locol supershop. She was charged Euro FIFTY for the extra baggage and couldn't think that dumping the case would have cost around Euro twenty thus still a saving. I did point out that from the supershop Maris Pipers are £4-00 for two Kg so she overspent by Euro forty six. However she did point oout that we wouldn't need spuds for about two weeks, so that's alright then.
Mr and Mrs Gravdigger. Supporting Ryanair. :cool:

NSP

LE
RyanScare don't want luggage in the hold, they don't want bags in the cabin, hell - they don't even want people. If O'Leary could devise a way to scoop your wad without actually having to burn kero' or deploy a handful of wage-slaves or even have an airframe inventory believe you me the chiselling weasel would.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As an aside. My Missus came back from Ireland and had to purchase another case to accommodate the 5 Kg of potatoes she decided to bring back! I kid you not! Said they were Maris Pipers, notwithstanding we buy Maris Pipers on a weekly basis at the locol supershop. She was charged Euro FIFTY for the extra baggage and couldn't think that dumping the case would have cost around Euro twenty thus still a saving. I did point out that from the supershop Maris Pipers are £4-00 for two Kg so she overspent by Euro forty six. However she did point oout that we wouldn't need spuds for about two weeks, so that's alright then.
I'd check the back of your headboard for an EM sticker. He's clearly been at her when you've been out one day.:D

I've seen people smashing the utter shit out of their luggage to fit it into the test rack at the gate. Hilarious.

The trick is not to buy anything with even a semi rigid body. I swear by Cabin Max bags. Carries a fuckton of kit and you can smash it down to fit any space.

Couple of years ago, Ryanair were fined as the luggage guide boxes were smaller than advertised.

CFB
Take an Orange from the box.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm off to somewhere warm and exotic this weekend but sadly the outbound leg is with RyanAir. I'm thinking of taking my 30l black Pusser's daysack as carry-on baggage but am unsure if it meets rules on size and it's not about for me to measure it right now.

Has anyone taken them on RyanAir before and if so did they give you any grief?
Ryanair will always be on the look for ways to charge passengers extra ,their view on customers is summed up in the basement scene in Pulp fiction

Yeah, those solid rigid rucksacks are a bastard to get into the measuring device.

...don't,!
Missus to me at check-in
"I'm over by 5kg, can you take some stuff?"
Me "Eh ? then I'm over the limit"
"But it's easier for you to carry it"
Me "WTF?!?! - what's that got to do with it?!"
Logic. Commonsense. Gawd help us.

I already did. The rucksack dimensions are not published anywhere obvious.
Really? You’re either lying or thick as a whale omelette.

All passengers are entitled to bring 1 small personal bag on board which must fit under the seat in front of you (40cm x 20cm x 25cm). Examples include, handbag, laptop bag and small backpack.

Duty free bags are also permitted in the cabin along with your cabin baggage.

Always gave mine away but the dimensions appear to be below, albeit I assume it can be scrunched down a bit:

Fabric - cordura
Size - Height 55cm, width 44cm, depth 15cm
Capacity - 30 litres approx
Colour - black

[QUOTE="MrBane, post: 9551044, member: 14095"

I've seen people smashing the utter shit out of their luggage to fit it into the test rack at the gate. Hilarious.

[/QUOTE]
I flew back from Scumhampton a couple of weeks ago. FlyBe * were enthusiastically enforcing the baggage size (except for rucksacks funnily enough, as they are deemed to be squashy - I asked!)

Up breezed a ghey couple (important, as you have to imagine the gestures). The first one's bag went in and out of the frame a treat. The second guy's needed some persuasion - a bit of tamping. Then a bit more. Then he stood on it.

HURRAH - it went in the frame.......

Now all he has to do is get it back out - not going to happen. He'd put it in handle down and so had nothing to grip. We were sitting about 10 feet away watching with interest...... They pushed and pulled, getting more and more irate. Eventually they had the frame lying on the ground with one somehow pushing from the bottom and the other trying to grip whatever was available at the top. They finally got it out like the cork out a bottle, with one guy going base over apex. My how we ( and about 20 other people) laughed.

* At an airport check-in desk, it is always good drills to look out for and possibly acquire some come-in-handy 'Cabin Approved' bands for the airline one is travelling with. ;)

Ryanair? Sooner walk than use them again.

Ritch

LE
I'd check the back of your headboard for an EM sticker. He's clearly been at her when you've been out one day.:D

The trick is not to buy anything with even a semi rigid body. I swear by Cabin Max bags. Carries a fuckton of kit and you can smash it down to fit any space.
I saw an internet video where someone slathered their rigid body cabin bag in vaseline or KY Jelly to try and get it to fit. It still got stuck. I could feel their pain, I've been there.

Signed,
Añal Adventurer.

Awol

LE
Ryanair? Sooner walk than use them again.
Flying now is cheaper than hitchhiking. Limoges to Bristol was 30€ in February. That is cheaper than 4 days buying motorway food and much nicer than sleeping in a puddle under a tree.
I don't get the animosity towards cheap airlines, if you want to get pampered spend a few hundred pounds more and fly with someone else.

Robme

LE
RyanScare don't want luggage in the hold, they don't want bags in the cabin, hell - they don't even want people. If O'Leary could devise a way to scoop your wad without actually having to burn kero' or deploy a handful of wage-slaves or even have an airframe inventory believe you me the chiselling weasel would.
Wasn’t he the tosspot, who wanted to charge punters money to use the loo?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 24
Don Carlo The NAAFI Bar 72
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 647

Latest Threads