RWR - Quick question

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Y_Delyn, Jan 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, anyone know about a new platoon setting up in Aberystwyth. Iv heard its in the pipeline but no one iv asked has any details.

Im residing in Aber for a few more years and would like to join as an TAPO/TASO if it starts up.

And Im guessing it'l be RWF capbadged, the aber TAC is littered with RWF memerobeilia. Is this a good assumption?
  2. I am ex 3RWF from Aberystwyth. I was there when we got taken over by the medics. Apparently the infantry are coming back. It will be RWR and I imagine it will be the RWF side of RWR.

The lads in the TA centre are generally a good bunch, why dont you pop down and have a chat with them or pm me.
  3. I've also heard that said regiment are re-establishing a presence in aber.

I'll look in to it and get back to you, as I'm considering moving to Aber this summer
  4. Aberystwyth is a lovely place
  5. I believe they are looking to start recruiting in September as they want to scoop up lots of students. I believe an SNCO has been appointed for the platoon.

Last I heard it would be a rifle platoon from A Company which is RRW I believe.

But pretty certain its definately going ahead now.
  6. A Coy is RWF and is currently the regiments support coy

D coy is the other RWF coy and is currently a rifle coy so it would probaly become part of them

p.s the site is worth checking just for this pic......

7. Don't Ms Church's chesticles look fantastic in that rugby shirt?

And what man could be happier than one kitted up in the Zulu-era rig, with a real goat on one arm and Ms Church on the other? You'd have to think you were in with a chance, wouldn't you?
  8. That man is a legend. He can spot a photo opportunity from half a mile away and he always seems to be surrounded by totty. He even has a pub named after him (well, sort of). Absolute star!
  9. And its only 140 miles from Cardiff! :D
  10. It should be a good unit. The Platoon Commander is ex reg Para and one top bloke. I shall be comin down when Im back in Aber tho mite put off joining TA proper until Uni's finished and join the boys from Wrexham.
    See you all in October
  11. Its good on the lash in Aber . Went there on a rugby tour once the whole team pulled .
  12. Recce Cplgets everywhere!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Layla got me on my knees!!!! Layla begging darlin please!!!!