RWMIK+

Discussion in 'REME' started by coffeewhite1sugar, May 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has any one had any dealings of working with this equipment, and If so, what are the pros and cons.

2. Pros - the way it's name rolls off the tongue.

3. It's automatic-con
    It's overweight-con
    Mechanically unreliable-con
    Off road capability of a transit-con
    It's better than walking-pro

4. It's better than the RWMIK - Pro ^~

5. It's had a lot of work done to it that actually made it shitter than the RWMIK.

6. Pro - It has nice alloys.

Cons - Its a Land Rover, so about as reliable as an unreliable thing.

If you want to go tear-arsing round the countryside in an open topped, mine blast protected vehicle that punches above its weight, take a jackal.

7. It's got a + if it was worse it would have a - stupid boy Pike ^~

8. Except if you are the driver or commander, its crap they sit over the weakest point, there must now be more deaths from IED strikes in the Jackal than the Snatch Rover.

9. Come on now surely you can't be serious!
    Iam serious and don't call me Shirley!

10. R+ are worse than R wmik's!!! END OF!!! I have had dealings with both and currently work on both!!! I also was involved in the upgrade changing all the existing EWMIK's to R+WMIK's!!! They are now a horrible vehicle to work on and to drive!!! Fitting the 4 speed zf auto box was pointless as the pump in the gearbox fails due to being revved hard in P or N whilst the bowman radio is used!! The 300 tdi was taken out 2800cc and painted blue with the normal uprated turbo, wound up fuelling on the F.I.P and a gas flowed intercooler! Despite this the radiator is standard and for this reason they get HOT and cook engines!! Regularly!!! Have personally changed 3 failed gearboxes and maybe 7 or 8 engines and that's me alone, not including others I work with and also the REME!!! They have fitted a widened body and uprated suspension which then put the standard suspension points on the chassis under undue stress!! Then a mod to strengthen these areas was fitted adding yet extra weight!!! The extra rollover protection has stiffened them up so much it is causing other problems with chassis strength!!! Changing an engine is hard work, changing the gearbox or t box means removing the engine and transmission in one lump as the floor is now a one piece blast floor so the floor access plates are no longer there!!! They are quick and providing the gearbox has the correct volume of oil in the box is smooth!!! But ask any soldier and they'll tell you what they think of them!! CRAP!!! All being replaced with Jackal 2 as we speak!!! Can't say that I'll miss them TBH!!!! R WMIK's are a better vehicle for drivability, reliability and longevity!!! These types of vehicles get abused and the RWMIK's normally are in a bad state when returning to UK from theatre, but they are much older than the 3 year old R+ and these are shocking!! Most of them have hardly done anything and have an estimated life of 10 years, well 3 years down and 7 years to go and I don't think they'll survive!!! This also covers R+SNATCH too!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

May I refer you to this: Paragraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. Haha, you're a funny one!!!When I wrote it it was indeed in PARAGRAPHS, but when I hit post it came out like that. Maybe my computer settings are incorrect or something, but I didn't write as on big block like it appears!

• Like Like x 2
  13. DII does that, if you are on DII get back to f*cking work ^~

14. No not on DII, at home!! Don't have DII access actually!!

15. Yes, yes yes, all very well, but what is the opinion of the 'them' that'll be needing to park it outside the EFI?