Rwandan Nun Jailed Over Genocide

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TankiesYank, Nov 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC:

Dear God. So to speak.

This is the first I've heard about clergymembers being put on trial. What on earth has the Vatican's response to this has been, if any?
  2. Condemn those involved by all means, but ask yourself "Where was the West?" Still, not that much oil in Rwanda...
  3. I must check the Vatican Press releases for confirmation!.
  4. But for us that were there in the aftermath, the memories are fresh - sickeningly fresh!
  5. As fresh as crab?
  6. Not the first time.

Rwanda's religious reflections

It is also true that some junior members of the clergy took fantastic risks to protect their congregation, including marathon E+E or in the case of at least one party I was told of, hiding out in the Kinigi reserve

I have my own opinion of suitable punishment,of clergy that betray their flock. My opinion is neither Christian or Liberal. But, as Bee intimates, if you saw the aftermath you wouldn't be feeling paticularly chartiable towards those responsible.

The only thought I have on that time, is that being Africa, tribalism overcame religous consideration, to put it mildly.
  7. Too right and former Yugoslavia, maybe thats why we sat on our arses whilst that was ripped to bits as well :roll: