Ruth Turner questioned for 2nd time - Cash for honours

#2
No ... spin it out as long as possible until JUST before Bliar goes ... with an enormous stain [or at least question mark] on his "character" [or whetever Alastair calls it.
 
#3
Even funnier if they spin it out beyond the date at which Blair has to leave No10. Gordon Brown would be able to well and truly stiff him then.

Oh how the long winter evenings fly by.
 
#5
Victorian_Major said:
Isn't this the third time? Hopefully the rozzers have got some dirt and some charges are coming.
On past form, either they or the CPS will screw it up somehow [or be persuaded to drop ... no, surely not?] :spiderman:
 
#6
not_finished_yet said:
I wish the old bill would hurry up and get this process over with. Excuse the source of the link, please.

Daily Heil
Wasn't Yates of the Yard the copper who led the case against Paul Burrell when hew was accused of helping himself to Princess Di's property after her death?

Didn't the case collapse when the Queen stated that she kenw all about the property Burrell took so it couldn't be theft?

Yates was accused of not running the investigation properly. I'd imagine he's being very careful now to make sure every angle is covered.
 
#7
Ancient_Mariner said:
Didn't the case collapse when the Queen stated that she kenw all about the property Burrell took so it couldn't be theft?

Christ - can you imagine getting her up on the stand and trying to cross examine her? no wonder they dropped the case!
 
#8
labrat said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Didn't the case collapse when the Queen stated that she kenw all about the property Burrell took so it couldn't be theft?

Christ - can you imagine getting her up on the stand and trying to cross examine her? no wonder they dropped the case!
That was one of the points that was made. It's her court so she would be effectively questioning herself. I don't think any monarch has ever given evidence in court.

Perhaps she could have given evidence in writing:-

"Your Honour. Pauli was wif me and Big Phil at Romford Dogs when Dianas place got blagged. It must 'ave been some other north London crew wot turned the place over. 'Ave you spoke to the Queen Mum? I hear she owes her bookie a packet."
 
#9
Mibi HRH turned dianas place over herself and Burrell was fencing the stuff for her!
Since she lives a quiet life ... bet she was doing it to help fund her armed forces ... I hear they are somewhat short a bob or two.
 
#10
I think Bliar has in fact been questioned under caution and that the cops are keeping it quiet for "operational" reasons. The cops do not want to risk bringing down a government unless a prosecution is certain.

If he isn't charged then the fact he was questioned under caution can be quoted to claim he is personally in the clear and was subject to the full rigour of the law. If he is charged, he has far more to worry about than this minor detail.
 
#11
MrPVRd said:
I think Bliar has in fact been questioned under caution and that the cops are keeping it quiet for "operational" reasons. The cops do not want to risk bringing down a government unless a prosecution is certain.

If he isn't charged then the fact he was questioned under caution can be quoted to claim he is personally in the clear and was subject to the full rigour of the law. If he is charged, he has far more to worry about than this minor detail.
I do believe Sir, you are on to something. I can't imagine for one moment, they'd let this slippery thing loose.
 
#12
MrPVRd said:
I think Bliar has in fact been questioned under caution and that the cops are keeping it quiet for "operational" reasons. The cops do not want to risk bringing down a government unless a prosecution is certain.
No way. Gordon would have capitalised on it and got his team to leak the fact.
 
D

Deleted 20555

Guest
#13
labrat said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Didn't the case collapse when the Queen stated that she kenw all about the property Burrell took so it couldn't be theft?

Christ - can you imagine getting her up on the stand and trying to cross examine her? no wonder they dropped the case!
Couldn't possibly have been a quiet deal where the case was dropped in exchange for silence about certain peoples going on's?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top