Russias space defenses in shambles

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, May 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Tsk, MiG-31s? They really are behind the times on space defence.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

er, what ABM defences have the US got again? they have a few airborne laser testbeds that the last I heard were far from being a deployable system.
  4. If thats an invitation for us to attack and save you from czar putin forget it.

If youre worth saving you can do it yourself. You do have democracy dont you?
  5. That reminds me. I must get some ketchup.
  6. I don't think the US really presents that much of a threat to the Sov...Russians. Threat is, after all, a function of capability and intent, and I don't think Uncle Sam is too bothered about the Russian motherland at the mo. In which case, the Russkis are either indulging in a bit of muscle-flexing saber-rattling, or, they're worried about somebody else.

I wonder. Has anybody else been playing around with space-based weapons in the last few years? Might that somebody be located on Russia's border? Next to a mineral-rich bit of Russia? Might that somebody already be engaged in gobbling up mineral wealth around the world like there's no tomorrow? Perhaps that someone is also considered by the Indian military to be a bigger threat to territorial integrity than Pakistan?

Not sure who I'd bet on to win that one. Perhaps £5 each-way?
  7. I heard there's a major chink in their armour.