Russians Up the Anti on the US Missle Shield in Eastern Europe They Prepare for War!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by geezer466, Nov 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Use the CC Button for the English Translation.. Unless you speak Russian of course ( I know some here do)

An exert..

2. Fitin' Talk!
  3. Washington has singularly failed to convince Moscow of the 'true' nature and intent of siting radars and missiles in Poland/Czech Rep. And, to be frank, I can see Moscow's position.

Why is the US going to all this expense to set up a defensive shield against a threat/capability that doesn't exist and, allegedly, they are doing all they can to prevent ever existing. And, as a final backstop, Tel Aviv will never allow to exist because they, of course, are the real target not CONUS. ???

Moscow has, quite rightly in their opinion, perceived this as a military system directed towards them and have decided to take steps to counter the 'threat'.

Eastern Europe may well become a little less safe because the US has decided to plough on with its own hubris without having the sense to ensure all concerned really understand and accept the project for what they claim it is.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Great foolishness on the part of the US. Mutually Assured Destruction has been shown to work between nation-states and power blocs: pissing about with highly questionable technology that upsets that 'delicate balance of terror' at any time is irresponsible; to do so at a time of financial hardship is not far short of criminal.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's an interesting one this. For the last decade the US obsession with Iraq and AFG has allowed the Russians to push back hard in their "near abroad" and, largely unreported (funny that), restore a lot of the buffer zone they used to enjoy when the Soviet Union existed.

I'm not too clear though on how much is the US seriously trying to contain Russia and how much is just throwing a bone to eastern european states who feel distinctly worried right about now. After all, the problem with living between Germany and Russia on a plain with no strategic defensive features is that you tend to end up being a bitch for one or the other of them. Or both, just ask the Poles. And with the Germans and the Russians both getting on famously the only possible saviour is the US.

The Russians have played a good game though, they have made a sensible offer to set up a joint missile defence system to counter the alleged threat - I'd have called them on that personally.

And the other problem is that Russia has some quite sophisticated SRBMs these days. Details are scarce but usually point to depressed trajectories and manoeuvering, terminally guided warheads. They are ahead of the West in this respect because we don't build or operate this class of weapon any more. And Western SAMs are all getting older without replacements in the pipeline. Don't forget, the UK has nothing in its inventory that could take on an incoming Iskander.

The message is clear; install US forces on your territory postured against Russia and day 1 of any conflict involves a Brigade's worth of Iskander raining down on them. I mean, just think what the US would do if someone installed foreign missiles in their back yard, say Cuba ....
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Don't pay much attention to the speech sounded by Putin's puppet, so called 'president' Medvedev.

The real cause is looming parliamentary elections (4 December). Putin and his thieving gang try to present thamselves as 'defenders of Russia's interests'.

They are empty words, no more.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. So WW3 just around the corner then.Iran nukes Israel,,USA nukes Iran,,USSR nukes Europe,,World population drops by 3billion,,But I'm allright Jack....(I have my tin hat and my sh*d is well stocked)
  8. Are 432's nuke proof?...ish
  9. I got a fair old shovel-full of the brown stuff some years ago when I was suggesting that the Soviet bear had not gone away, but was merely sleeping. Never mind, the tall streak of amber fluid is in charge of defences now, so we shall be safe, especially as the fvck-wit Fox's reductions to all three Services were so perfectly planned and executed.

Slight lateral thinking but let us be extra nice to the Yanks and to the Turks until the Soviets calm down.

More lateral thinking. The European Soviet Union (ESU) is claiming all the credit for peace in Europe since the year dot. What do they intend to do about this threat? The French and the 'Eyeties' are probably already taking their stocks of white flags to the dry cleaners. I bet the Baltic States and the former Warsaw Pact countries are wetting themselves. Maybe the ESU will threaten the Soviets with a visit from Mrs Ashton! That should put them b ack in their box.
  10. Trouble is: China's doing the same sort of thing. It is promoting nationalistic aggression to sometimes unacceptable levels - ask anyone who has lived there in recent years. Strange that it is not reported on more in our media.

Think I'll bugger off to South Africa or Argentina to retire.
  11. It's even more interesting when viewed alongside the recent test of the scram jet cruise, or whatever thon bomb-y thing the Americans played with was.

Are they working towards making ballistic missiles obsolete?
  12. The Russians were putting Iskanders into the enclave some months ago.
    Estonia has had cyber attacks which I understand could be classified as an attack on a NATO country because of the damage that was caused.
    Russian planes buzzed NATO air defences the week before last ish.
    Statements emitting from America state that US forces are going to re-focus on the Pacific.

Missile Defence is a trip wire and the Russians know it.

Very similar to the positioning of Arleigh Burkes in the Med and the Black Sea, I understand that the latest flight 3 Burkes will be equipped with improved BMD.

Posturing. Putin was booded the other day...
    Shale gas reserves in Poland and now the Czech Republic could begin eroding the grip that the Russians have on EU countries.
    Of course, what I do not know is how much of Russian financial interests are vested in Western Europe. Are they looking at a haircut as well and if so, what will it do to the political climate in Russia?
  13. Drama much?
    You old queen.