Russians Murdered in Iraq

The four Russian embassy diplomatic personnel being held by AQ were killed and the pic's were put up on a terrorist web site. Two were beheaded on the video and two were shot. My condolences.

RIP Guys!

RIP.

Some of them (if not all) are likely agents of secret services. Post of 3d secretary is traditionally occupied by intelligence officer.

It is a shame but Russian mass media coverage of the capture and later events was extremely poor. I suppose that there are some Chechens among the insurgents. These guys are alas very experienced and they are merciless murderers. So God save American, British and other diplomats, soldiers in Iraq.

Now, I guess nobody could say that Russia supported (in any way) the insurgents in Iraq.

In the "old days" there would have been some pretty swift retribution-When some Soviet Doplomats were kidnepped in Beirut in the 70's or 80's KGB/GRU spec forces went in and started zapping terrorist personnel until their lads were released. there was a documentary made about it some years back. the message was clear-don't fcuk with us.

RIP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WEATHERMAN1956 Multinational HQ 5
MrPVRd Current Affairs, News and Analysis 31
Kalashnikova Multinational HQ 14