Russians Battle for the Red Beret

RT have just posted what appears to be their version of "P-Company"
for Spetsnatz selection.

Those bemoaning Commando selection standards may feel it's OK to relax a little after viewing the Russians march-and-shoot.
Though it will give RafRegt a new outfit with which they can aim to stand toe-to-toe with in the bar.

ACAB

LE
RT have just posted what appears to be their version of "P-Company"
for Spetsnatz selection.

Those bemoaning Commando selection standards may feel it's OK to relax a little after viewing the Russians march-and-shoot.
Though it will give RafRegt a new outfit with which they can aim to stand toe-to-toe with in the bar.
Cheers Mate, that's tons better than the crap that's on the box at the mo.

Mr Happy

LE
There's also an old waterproof, the American cam like our new stuff, Belgian etc. Almost everything temperate but US woodland... I presume because the Russians, like us in the 80's can wear anything they like. At best the different Bn's that send their troops to selection source their kit at Bn level

NEQcounter

War Hero
Some pretty warry beret styles there.

11km! Wow! That's a good Monday jog.

At 2:12-2:14 at least two magazines are falling on the floor when they are on the range preparing to fire
Here's one..

image.jpg

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Can't think how they cope without an SLR ..

T0m94

Old-Salt
I guess they don't show the mental hazing/ bullying and vodka consumption that is the real test! Not sure if it has changed, but reading One Soldier's War, by Arkady Babchenko was just page after page of people laying into each other!

D

Deleted 76563

I guess they don't show the mental hazing/ bullying and vodka consumption that is the real test! Not sure if it has changed, but reading One Soldier's War, by Arkady Babchenko was just page after page of people laying into each other!

Like a posting to Detmold in the '70s then!

Subsunk

War Hero
Book Reviewer

It sounds as though the real mental toughness lies in surviving the institutional bullying which goes on, although I imagine that most who survived would end up brutalised.

Can someone in the know provide info on where these guys fit into the Russian ORBAT? I always thought that airborne and Spetznaz wore light blue beret and the white and blue striped t-shirts which Jean-Paul Gaultier liked so much. The importance attached to the red beret suggests these guys are up there, but from this vid I'm seeing Phase 1 level training and pretty rudimentary personal equipment and skills. The emphasis on riot training suggests that these guys have some kind of internal security role.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Maroon beret? Deadly martial arts skills. We need a subject matter expert:

images

So, when did they change from their air corp blue beret and blue stripey t-shirt to designer colour co-ordinated red?

Nothing like the Suvorov books.

There must be a genetic predisposition shared by airborne forces the world over that determines that they are incapable of wearing a beret badge in the correct position.

Can someone in the know provide info on where these guys fit into the Russian ORBAT? I always thought that airborne and Spetznaz wore light blue beret and the white and blue striped t-shirts which Jean-Paul Gaultier liked so much. The importance attached to the red beret suggests these guys are up there, but from this vid I'm seeing Phase 1 level training and pretty rudimentary personal equipment and skills. The emphasis on riot training suggests that these guys have some kind of internal security role.
From an American site,
"MVD Troops. Ministry of Interior. Sort of the Russian version of State Troopers. The crimson beret is an award for MVD-Spetsnaz Troops for demonstrating the best attributes. Think of it their version of the US Army EIB. What you're seeing is a competition to earn the award.

The GRU Spetsnaz are some serious pipehitters; on a scale beyond what you see in the video. They receive their designation after tryouts and training."

Latest Threads