Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ukraine War in Ukraine

You're wordsmithing. Its verbal masturbation. Its Moscow, the Russian Government or simply Putin.
At least attempt to educate yourself about Russia’s history and why we’re in the position that we find ourselves now. It’ll save you looking even more stupid than usual.

You’ve been told where the term comes from…

Not convinced. Other than buying oil at massively under market value (clearly in China’s interest) they’ve done nothing to help Russia, in fact they’re hindering them in some areas ie not allowing stolen, sorry ‘re-registered’ airframes into its airspace. It’s in China’s interests to have a significantly weaker next door neighbour.

My thoughts go the other way based on reading and interviews watched on American telly.

China may benefit from a weak Russia depleted by Ukraine, thats China The state. Publicly to not annoy its larger customer base it will do things like turning away misappropriated aircraft as you mentioned. However, Deng Xiaoping Xi Jinping has a relationship with Putin which will cause him massive loss of face if Putin fails. Given we never know what these blokes talk about but there was clear assumption made early on that Deng Xi asked his mate Vlad not to invade until after the Oympics. Post invasion I recall seeing on this thread vids made by Chinese news crews embedded with the Russians clearly putting a positive spin on Russian success. If Deng Xi looses face on an international scale his successor will rapidly move to fill his shoes.

Just my opinion based on bits and pieces of reading. China the state cannot allow itself to be compromised. Deng Xi the leader cannot afford to be embarassed by his choice of mates - “yes Vlad I agree, NATO is a mess, Ukraine will be yours within a week, and when they are all still reeling from that I will roll into Taiwan. We can rule the world together”.

Last edited:
My thoughts go the other way based on reading and interviews watched on American telly.

China may benefit from a weak Russia depleted by Ukraine, thats China The state. Publicly to not annoy its larger customer base it will do things like turning away misappropriated aircraft as you mentioned. However, Deng Xiaoping has a relationship with Putin which will cause him massive loss of face if Putin fails. Given we never know what these blokes talk about but there was clear assumption made early on that Deng asked his mate Vlad not to invade until after the olympics. Post invasion I recall seeing on this thread vids made by Chinese news crews embedded with the Russians clearly putting a positive spin on Russian success. If Deng looses face on an international scale his successor will rapidly move to fill his shoes.

Just my opinion based on bits and pieces of reading. China the state cannot allow itself to be compromised. Deng the leader cannot afford to be embarassed by his choice of mates - “yes Vlad I agree, NATO is a mess, Ukraine will be yours within a week, and when they are all still reeling from that I will roll into Taiwan. We can rule the world together”.

I'm fairly sure that Deng Xiao Peng is deaded.

Xi Xing Ping?

I'm fairly sure that Deng Xiao Peng is deaded.

Xi Xing Ping?
I do like the thought that Deng has a relationship with Putin.

The idea of Putin as a pulp-fantasy necromancer I can completely get behind.

1659800210954.png

Last edited: