Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters

Wader 2

War Hero
e time of flight of the first round was longer than the third, suggesting an ability to get them all to arrive at the same time but I might be conflating another info source I've seen/read with the one I'm thinking of.
I wonder which is more psychologically terrifying, simultaneous or sequencential?

I have seen 3x3 1,000lb bombs with near simultaneous detonation. Certainly one big bang.

However 21x1,000lb at 0.45 second interval as it walks towards you from over half a mile away seemed worse

NSP

LE
I wonder which is more psychologically terrifying, simultaneous or sequencential?

I have seen 3x3 1,000lb bombs with near simultaneous detonation. Certainly one big bang.

However 21x1,000lb at 0.45 second interval as it walks towards you from over half a mile away seemed worse
I can see the advantage of one gun causing multiple rounds to land along, say, a trench line simultaneously as it zaps the baddies and leaves the survivors reporting that they were engaged by a battery. Easier for one SPG to hide itself from prowling air sent to find and destroy than an entire battery, I would think.

Meanwhile the rest of the battery is spread around playing the same trick on other sectors...

NSP

LE
Looks like Bernie is back-peddling...

What struck me about the second video (I didn't watch the first one) was the framed pictures along the corridors through which Putin walked. They were all protected by the cheapest possible shiny glass. Any art, anywhere else at this level of national government, would use the highest quality 'gallery' glass which is almost perfectly non-reflective -- even my photos on my living-room wall use it. Either someone cheaped-out the framing contracts, or Russia can't afford to frame a picture properly.

I see the Duty Clutch forgot to put his Dustbin Lid back on before letting El Presidente out the back of the limo nand nervously looked down at it as he opened the door. Then saluted the back of Mr P. Oops.
Did they really put a knock off stretched Rolls Royce lookalikee body on a long wheelbase Transit?

NSP

LE
What struck me about the second video (I didn't watch the first one) was the framed pictures along the corridors through which Putin walked. They were all protected by the cheapest possible shiny glass. Any art, anywhere else at this level of national government, would use the highest quality 'gallery' glass which is almost perfectly non-reflective -- even my photos on my living-room wall use it. Either someone cheaped-out the framing contracts, or Russia can't afford to frame a picture properly.
It's Russia: this happened and they trousered the difference.

Dunno. They fired three rounds one after the other, stowed the gun and drove off. The presenter explained that they were oscar mike whilst the third round was still en route.

I presume that means that the first one arrived already and the second was about to. Now you mention it I'm getting vague ideas that the presenter explained about adjusting the angles and charge so that the time of flight of the first round was longer than the third, suggesting an ability to get them all to arrive at the same time but I might be conflating another info source I've seen/read with the one I'm thinking of.

This nice little trick has been a feature of some 120mm mortar systems (which, of course, we don't have) for a while, so I suppose that it shouldn't be an insurmountable problem to achieve the same with a howitzer of some sort.

Attachments

• Moskva.png
    Moskva.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 58
The Ukrainians seem to be amassing quite a collection of Russian POWs.

Very interesting, for many points which will be fully taken in by today's questioners, gatherers and analysts.
Not least the similarity (cultural? possibly; racial and possibly tribal? certainly) of the two opposing participants in this appalling shitshow; the blaring bullshit and the lack of any empathy - no humour, ffs. The silly 'I'm a journalist' stuff which should have been ditched very early on, even if he is a journo; he works for the state now.

These people were supposedly to be exchanged with PW in the Russian's hands; they should have gone back with fabulously positive stories about the Uke treatment, conditions and outlook on Life.
Tch.

Given our government's generosity in handing over a few pennies for the benefit of the Ukrainian defensive measures against the totalitarians:
Clipboard01.jpg

I do feel that Zelensky would be fully justified in speaking, in person, to the US Congress; they've given a little bit more. It may be a first-class ticket, not a ride, but it would possibly result in a lot more ammunition.

Nothing to do with censorship or treating adults like kids. Most of us on this thread have served and some of us have seen the effects of war. There gets to a point where showing people other people being killed becomes voyeuristic rather than historic. I firmly believe the site owners do not want to see pictures of squaddies being killed in the same way as we wouldn't want to see a rape scene etc. My comment stands! If you want to watch people blowing others uo, I'm sure you can find niche sites that will fulfil your every need. We had this same matter discussed on the Modelling forum and the general consensus was no. No death pics/vids!

I agree it also brings back memories if things that some of us would rather forget it does for me any way

Latest Threads