Votes: 9 3.1%
  • By Christmas

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Some time in 2023

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Before Hell Freezes Over

Votes: 68 23.5%

• Total voters
Snake Island. I bet the orc filth have left it knee deep in booby traps.

It looks like Johnson is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Much muttering in this thread about us supporting Ukraine as well. I used to think Dominique was a quite sensible up and coming conservative political figure but throughout covid and now Ukraine I find her opinions quite hysterical or irritating

Brooker

Old-Salt
Much muttering in this thread about us supporting Ukraine as well. I used to think Dominique was a quite sensible up and coming conservative political figure but throughout covid and now Ukraine I find her opinions quite hysterical or irritating

And when you analyse what she's saying, it really sounds despicable, ie leave Ukraine to it, sort of thing Sholz would say.
Agree sometimes stuff said that makes you double-take and wonder about Russian sympathies.

Brooker

Old-Salt
Why? Indirect method of the Govt sounding out mood of the nation to find long term solution or possible settlement in any peace talks
Especially as Zelenskyy has publicly said he would do what the country wanted.
Sounding out sentiment given the number of losses they have had around Severodonetsk recently (They've been high) seems like a very sensible thing to do.

R0B

War Hero
Bernie Ecclestone has waded in by stating that he'd "take a bullet" for Mad Vlad'...

I wonder how he reconciles defending a man whose whim is causing the death and destruction of civilians and their towns and homes in a sovereign democracy?

Bernie likes to be in the media and it appears that recently (also like Christian Horner) the easiest route to do that seems to be to say something stupid and controversial.

He was recently in trouble for trying to smuggle a gun onto a private flight from Brazil. Maybe he was going to practice to see if taking a bullet was going to hurt.

Brooker

Old-Salt
Very similar sentiments were expressed 80 years ago when German forces invaded Poland
And I am old enough to recall parents and grandparents, uncles and aunts talking openly about how we should have seen what was coming
The same family members that were called up, or volunteered to clear up that mess
Its all so easy from the comfort of your armchair, or warm university office to condone the actions of the Ukranian people
But they are fighting for their very existence
If the bully beats them guess who is next in line
I am way too old to be called up, but how would you feel if your children had to join the call up and fight for your freedom
In my case it would be my grandchildren
History has a nasty habit of repeating itself
Slava Ukraina

Heroiam slava!